Chapter 8

* 2 weeks later *

* Back in philips *

" Princess christina time to get up! It's a special day today! " the maids said .
I groaned and pulled my pillow over my face , trying to avoid the sunshine that poured in my room as they opened the curtains . " Princess christina! You have to get up princess! " they said again . They pulled the covers from me , and I shivered as the sudden chill in the air hit my bare legs . I sighed and knew I couldn't make them go away , so I couldn't even try to . " What special day is it? " I groaned . " You don't remember? " one of them asked . " No . " I sighed .
" It's your twenty first birthday princess , it's your day and also the day you become engaged . " they said . I sighed again and rolled over , but I winced as the sudden soreness of my right side hit me .

Owww . Well hey I'm out of my stupid sling , I'm glad I have the use of my right arm again! Thank ya jesus! So they sat me up , and helped me up as they picked a normal outfit till I have to get all fancy dressy later . They helped me stand as they undressed out of my nightgown . I was now left clad in my plain blue bra and panties . One of the maids got the first aid kit , and then she took off my last night bandages . She rubbed my surgical scar with some numbing medicine , added some clean gauze to it , and then wrapped my whole stomach in adhesive bandgaes .

They then helped me into a pale blue strapless gown , and then buttoned on a pale lime green cardigan over it only buttoning one button . They pulled the back of the dress strings tight a little bit , and then they brushed my hair as the other two put on my white heels . The one doing my hair brushed it , and then did a messy side braid knowing I just wanted something simple . They then left after making my bed , and I waited for wilfred to come and get me like every morning since I came back from my week at dres van . Which I think was about a week ago , but I've lost count and I don't really care how long ago it was .

So today .. the big 21 huh? It's a bit suprising to me too . And today I have to choose too , but I haven't decided . So last night .. I had told dad to chose for me . But he was kinda upset with me and joshua when he heard the whole 'I got shot' news . So I don't know if he's gonna chose joshua , but at this point I still don't really think I care . As I was thinking .. my phone started to buzz . I picked it up and looked , there laid like 8 text messages . Hm .. I wonder who their from?

Text messages

Sarah - Happy 21st bff! See ya at ya party girl!

Becky - Happy b - day sweet girl , I'll be there later to see you in person

Cynthia - Hey happy birthday girl , wish I could come but may not make it in time but I'll try and make it

Roberto - Happy birthday chrissy! 😄 It's your big day! 😁 I'll see you later! 😀

Keith - Happy birthday chris , I'll be there later

Edward - Happy birthday my dear dove , I'll be there later to celebrate later

Glenn - Happy 21st b - day dear christina , I'll see you later to say it in person and alan says happy birthday too since he won't be able to make it

Joshua - Happy 21st birthday christina , best wishes for you till later when I get to see you

Aw , their all so sweet . They just made my day a little better , now to make it even better is for me to have a full breakfast . Now if wilfred would hurry up and come get me , I could go eat . As I waited .. there was soon a knock at my door . " Come in . " I said . Wilfred peeked his head in , and a smile on his face . " Happy birthday baby sister , you ready for breakfast? " he asked . " Yes dang it , now come help me up please . " I said . He came in and helped me up . And then we left my room and down the hall .