Chapter 2: Will He Ever Wake Up?

His name is suppose to be Jac not Jack. Sorry about that; enjoy!!

I had been sitting in hospital for nearly 2 hours now and still no word on Jac. No one telling me anything, I can't even get anyone to tell me anything. I really wish Levi was here... and speak of the devil.

Levi and the 2 girls come rushing through the doors.

Levi!
"Jill there you are!'
(They hug)
"Any word on Jac?"
Not yet Levi,no one has told me anything. As soon as we arrived they took him straight to surgery, they've been in there for over 2 hours already.
"He has to be alright. Right? Jakes gonna make it through this."

Jill starts crying.

"It's gonna be okay Jill, Jakes ganne be fine. He's strong he'll come back to us."
When we were in the ambulance on the way to the hospital he wanted to make sure that you knew he loved you. He was saying goodbye to you.
"No he wasnt! Look at me Jill, he's not going anywhere. Jake would never do that to you."
I hope your right Levi I don't know if i cou-
"Excuse me Miss.connerst?"
Yes thats me. Hows my brother?"
"I'm afraid in critical condition. He suffered a lot of damage to his spinal cord. But it doesn't look like it was cut or broke in anyway so will have to see if his legs are functional when he wakes up."
Oh god. Is he awake? Is he...he ever going to wake up?
"That all depends on him and if he's strong enough. He's on a ventilator right now to help him breath since he can't breath on his own, we'll be monitoring him closely over the next couple days and see if there's any change."
Thank you Dr. Cline. Can we see him?
"Yes he's down in ICU room 374."
"Thank you sir."
"Your welcome Mr.Conners."

Talia,Ellen are you coming with with Levi and I to see him?
"Yeah but two should go in first, he needs you guys the most right now."
Thank you Talia.I don't know what I would do without you.
"We'll be waiting here when you guys get back.Tell Jake we love him?"
I will.
    Levi and I went down to the ICU to find Jac and Ellen and Talia stayed in the waiting room.I was so scared and so happy at the same time. I was scared to death of him going into surgery and being in the ICU and maybe even never walking again.But I was so just so happy that he was alive.At this point it's all I cared about.We walked down some halls and when we got to Jake's room we just stopped.I was scared,my heart heart speed up,and i couldn't breath.Then Levi grabbed my hand and said "We can do this.I'll be right here the whole time".I then opened the door to see Jake laying right there. He was so limp and pale,and he didn't look like my Jac.There were machines hooked to wires and tubes everywhere.This is not the way I ever pictured my big brother to look like.

"He's so cold and pale."
Yeah and all the tubes,i've never seen him like this.
"Well how many times has he been shot?"
Levi that's not funny!
"I know,but you know Jac would have laughed."
Thats was Jac,he always knew how to make everyone smile in the most serious of moments.
"And will have him back again soon,don't worry.Just give him a couple of days to rest and he'll be back."
Will you call Talia for me and tell her and Ellen to come down now?
"Yeah.I'll be back in a couple minutes."
Okay.

You can't give up Jake,you listen to me.We need you here,you are needed don here with us.This is where you belong.It is not you time to leave,so you fight! Don't you ever give up on us.Levi's expecting you to wake up,and you better. They need you and love you Jake....I need you.... I,I love you.Please just come back,come back to me please.
"There on there way down now.You better go home and get some sleep.I'll stay here and keep an eye on him tonight."
I'm not leaving.I'm ganna go home and grab some clothes and stuff and come back here and stay with him.
"If you stay I stay."
No one leaves him alone.Someone always needs to stay with him okay?
"Then will wait here for Talia and Ellen and then will go get some stuff."
Okay.