Chapter 2

-Callage of Gerard-

The cool afternoon breeze caused the weeds to sway and bend.

I sifted my feet through the long grass, taking the calmer route home.

Just behind rows of dark, sorrowful trees, peeked my lavender cottage.

I sighed to myself.

It really wasn't all that bad. It could be worse.

The breeze suddenly picked up, sending strands of my hair to dance across my cheeks.

I stopped walking, sighing into the air again, the wind carrying it off until it faded to nothing.

I took my backpack off of my shoulder, placing it down beside me in the large field.

The breeze was gentle and warm, sensing that spring was blooming.

Which also meant rain.

I looked up towards the sky, noticing a sudden shift in temperature.

A heavy, darkened cloud drifted closer towards the east, threatening.

So much for relaxing.

I quickly grabbed my luggage, heaving it over my shoulder as I finished walking the distance to my house.

I slammed the door behind me, cutting off any sound of nature and city ruckus.

A heavy silence clung to the air. Like normal.

Just a normal day.

I dropped my backpack by the door, walking into my livingroom.

I dropped down on top of my springy couch, which faced the main window in the house.

The window was the only means of entertainment, but it served a great view.
The yard beyond it dipped off into a steep valley, where scattered disortments of flowers used to grow.

Flowers don't grow here anymore.

It's too dark. Too dreary, for anything beautiful like flowers.

Trees dangled over the house and beyond it like a path, a crooked path.

I played with the tips of my hair, as I looked up towards the sky.

The sun had completely dissapeared, now clouded over with dark, loomy clouds.

The darkness pulled me back to that boy from earlier.

He was so dark and mysterious himself.

He wore dark clothes, like I do. Maybe for the same purpose?

His dark hair draped wearily and beautifully over his eyes, those bright eyes.

They changed colors almost spontaneously.

They were... hazel? Yet once they met mine they were a dark green.

Or maybe I was imagining things. The crazy imagination I have.

I rolled my eyes, dropping my hair from my hands and standing up.

I made my way to my bedroom, pushing my door closed behind me.

Don't ask me why. I just do.

I stripped out of my pants and shoes, sifting down under the covers.

My eyes met with the ugly wall again.

I twisted around, pulling the covers over my face.

My eyelids drifted closed, losing me in the darkness as thunder clashed with the sky.

---

A strong crack of lightening struck outside my window, a flash of white light striking across my curtains.

I looked up, my walls trembling as the heavy thunder rolled across the sky.

Tears were developed in my eyes, and I gently wiped them away.

My dreams haunted me every night, replaying the same nightmare over and over.

The rain trickled down my window, tapping at the glass panes.

I let in a slow breath, completely filling my lungs before exhaling.

The memories freshly stung in my head.

I forced them aside, as I did every time.

I sighed, deciding to get up.
I might as well, now that I was awake there was no going back to sleep.

Insomnia..what a pain in the ass.

The fresh, humid air blew in through my livingroom window, warping the house with a dark, eerie feel.

I blindly sauntered through the pitch black room, carefully sitting down on the creaky couch.

I gazed out the window, watching the falling droplets dance over the glass panes, before falling with a heavy thunk to the moist ground.

The rain was subtle, like the usual April showers.

I switched my eyes to the clock, to see that it was already almost 6.

I sighed, standing up from my seat.

I stood in front of the open window for a moment, allowing the air to rush through my hair, brushing across my cheeks with a fresh coolness.

Another sigh, before I hesitantly closed the window, shutting out all the peace, now standing in complete, dark silence.

I shuffled back to my bathroom, getting a quick shower in.

I changed into one of my dad's old band shirts. I didn't quite recall who they were. Or what they sounded like.

Or what music sounded like.

I frowned, slipping on the slightly baggy shirt and pulled on a pair of jeans.

The house had just barely gotten brighter as the sun rose higher above the horizon, but the heavy clouds remained low and gloomy.

I slipped on the loose jacket I always wore, grabbing my backpack and lacing up my shoes, before heading out of the door.

I slid my hood over my head, somewhat shielding me from the drizzle.

I lifted my eyes to the sky, soaking up the sadness that it brought with it.

I looked away, refusing to let something like the sky make my mood any worse. Especially when the sky was and is the only thing that has made me happy in all of my years...it's the only thing that's stayed.

I kept my normal, steady pace. Watching as one foot stepped in front of the other, again and again.

I make it to school, slowly making my way inside, surrounding myself with the resounding teenagers of this town.

I keep my head hung low and my eyes locked on my shoes, but never faulter to keep my walk steady and my shoulders back.

I sigh under my breath, the morning bell blasting in my ear as I make my way to my first hour.

My anxiety raced through me like a stampede of butterflies that attack me out of nowhere.

I pull through it, dragging myself to my seat, where I resume my daily procedure of just making it through my day.