Chapter 20 - Full of hunger and need

This is not supposed to happen. “Baby? Oh. Erm.” Colby scrambled away from Freddy. He was looking pretty shocked at my presence to.

“Er, okay. Here is your stuff I erm. I’m going to go. I dropped the dress and tights on the floor next to the door and rushed out. “Elora wait!” Freddy was catching up with me. He is married to Elizabeth! I began to run up the stairs when his arm shot out and held me. I was pushed against the wall, half way up the stairs and he was standing in front of me.

“You cannot tell anyone what you saw. It’s complicated.” I was disgusted. Colby s my sister! Why her? WHY?! “Elizabeth came to me yesterday. Do you remember her? Your wife and soul mate? She was telling me how much she loves you.” Well it was along the lines of that.

“I know how bad everything sounds, and looks. But it’s complicated!” His eyes became a fiery red in anger. “Complicated? My sister is going to get hurt. Either by you or by Elizabeth. She is my sister. She is all my parents have left soon. Leave her alone. I mean it.” He stepped back as I stepped forward. “I don’t want you near my house, or my family. Go back to Elizabeth. Now.” He breathed through his nose, the red was blazing. Reluctantly he left, using his vampire speed.

Oh god… I sagged back against the wall in relief. My door opened at the top of the stairs and Carlisle came into view. “Was Frederick here?” I looked up at him. Sighing, I walked slowly up the stairs.

Walking past him, I heard him shut the door behind us. Turning I faced him. The anger has taken my energy.

“Get him as far away from my house as possible. I mean it.” Carlisle was confused, he ran his hand through his long black hair. “Why? What has he done?”

“You know when I said Elizabeth came to speak to me? And told me about soul mates and there being more than one?” I was talking to him as I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. “Yes.”

“Elizabeth was worried that there may be another for Frederick. She’s right. It’s Colby. He is not allowed near her.” Carlisle sighed. “If they are meant to be together then-” My head snapped up as I interrupted him. “No. He has Elizabeth, that is enough! My sister will get hurt, I am scared of Elizabeth. For a vampire she doesn’t seem all that stable. She let’s the anger get a head of her and all she sees is Frederick. Someone else stands in her way, they won’t be there anymore. As you’ve said, not all vampires are good. She is my sister Carlisle. She is all my family have left. That’s all. No more compromising.”

Seething in anger, I tried to control my anger. How dare he?! She’s my sister!

“Darling, please calm down.” Carlisle was kneeling on the floor in front of me, his palms holding my face. His green eyes looking into my brown. “I will talk to him. He will leave her alone; I promise I will try my hardest.” He leaned in and kissed my forehead. Nodding, I left my sitting position and fell back onto the bed.

I want Colby to be happy, but this life isn’t what I want for her. I want her to grow old with some nice man, to have children then grandchildren. To have a life I couldn’t have.

“Come on, let’s sleep. You need sleep.” I complied, I could barely move with my no energy. Carlisle lifted me and moved me higher on the bed, pulling the duvet down as we moved. I could barely register the feel of clean sheets as I drifted into my deep slumber.

-

“Can we do this another day? I’m getting tired.” Yawning, my mum looked like she was about to accept but Ali joined in. “Nope! Come on let’s pick the perfect dress and it will be over before you know it.”

She’s making it sound so simple. But I am picking my wedding dress, that is not simple. I was sitting on the cream chaise, while mum, Ali, and Colby were showing me dresses. I had a pile of the ones I liked that I will try on and the rest were being put back.