Chapter 1

312:48:32

"Cathy! Pay attention, please!", the voice of my English teacher Mr. Sullivan interrupted my thoughts and I caught myself staring at my wrist again. My best friend Alison nudged me into the ribs, but smiled a knowing grin.

"You should really pay attention, old Sullivan won't be so patient next time.", she whispered after the teacher turned around again to scribble more words on the already full blackboard.

"Why? Was it so obvious?", I asked, terrified by the thought that I possibly could have stared at my hand for half an hour.

"No, only about ten minutes, but your mouth almost hang open and your stare was quite suspicuous. But you're lucky he didn't notice previously or else you'd have to stay this afternoon.", she mouthed so that Mr. Sullivan couldn't hear us.

Alice knew that my grades have sunk terribly since the little numbers on the inside of my wrist showed less time than a year till it happens. Although there were still 312 days I'm quite excited, I mean, I can plan when I'll meet my soulmate. Isn't that kinda amazing?

Sometimes Alice is very jealous of me because she's had about five boyfriends since we went  on the Birmingham HS, but none of them seemed  to be the right one for her.

Every time she got dumped she came to me for a little crying session and sobbed things like: "You'll never feel anything like that. You'll know when the right guy is there and you can't even break up with him because you two are meant to be together!" Sometimes I think she is right.

But sometimes I'm fed up with all this shit. Mostly when I'm sitting in my bed with a good book and a large bar of chocolate and feeling really lonely.

Because not as Alison I have to wait and I can't even try to be together with a boy from our school because I know exactly that he isn't my soulmate since on my wrist is still written that it will be in at least a year or something like that till the right one comes.

So I think I have to spend 312 days alone and with nobody but my friends.I mean, I have some best mates, like Ethan or Jacob, but they're just like brothers to me and I would never think of having a relationship with one of them.

They are also too stupid and they're making bad jokes all the time. And they just aren't a replacement for my dreamboy.

"Ms Brooks!", again the angry voice of our teacher interrupted my fantasies about having a boyfriend. I must have gone back to watching the numbers on my wrist change, at least that's what Alison's look says.

"It must have escaped your notice, but I've asked you three times if you've already returned the latest school assignment?!" He was now standing in front of mine and Alison's desk with his face crimson and the chalk crumbling in his sweaty fingers.

"Umm...which school assignment?", I barely managed to say before he lost his self control.

"Detention, Ms Brooks!", he bellowed and rushed off to pack his bag because the bell had dismissed his class before he could choke me or rip my head of.

"Cathy please, you have to concentrate or else you'll be expelled. You know that you're lately really bad at school and it'll get worse if you don't even try to pay attention."

Oh great. Now Ethan is interfering, too. I know my friends want only the best for me but in situations like this it's just annoying.

"I know.", I mumbled, "It's just....I can't help my fantasies and I can't help that I have this numbers on my forearm. I'm just nervous even though it's still about 300 days..."

"I know it's not easy for you but that's no reason to neglect school", exclaimed Jacob who is quite the nerd in our clique.

"Guys I'll try to keep up okay?", I replied quickly before the argument could escalate more.

Luckily the history lesson began just in time so that my friends also had to pay attention to the teacher.

~~~

Hey guys
Soo like I said in the description of this story I'm not from England or America even if I wanted to. I'm german so please don't be mad if I have grammar or spelling mistakes but I'd be grateful if you'd correct them in the comments:) please leave a few comments or votes and enjoy reading:)
Ps: I don't know if I can update regularly because of school work and my current german fan fiction...
Pps: the Idea is not quite mine, I have found it on Pinterest but it's actually from tumblr so don't accuse me wrong because there's a demand to write a story
~R