10. What's a Bit of Sexual Tension Between Friends?

It had been hours now since the curry had all been eaten, and the formal dining table had been abandoned for the comfort of the dog-eared sofa. Lestrade lounged backwards, one arm draping lazily across the back of the seat, and the other cradling his third glass of whiskey in his lap. An inebriated grin plastered on his face, Lestrade happily joked and chatted away, incredibly comfortable in the other man's company.

Mycroft, in stark contrast, sat bolt upright, both his hands gripping an empty glass of wine. He appeared incredibly tense, and had spent the entire evening extremely uncomfortable. He couldn't stop pondering the possibility of the Inspector being bisexual, and as a result found himself even more attracted to the older man than before. His mind was running away from him. He had tried hard to avoid raking the Inspector's body with his eyes all night. He knew that this would just tempt him to do something he regretted, however a bottle of wine down and this was becoming more and more difficult.

He couldn't help but note the way the man's shirt hugged his biceps, and seemed about ready to undo itself over his obvious chest muscles. 'No Mycroft!' He thought to himself, 'Keep some composure!'. However he was struggling. Each time he tried to change his line of sight, he found himself ogling another part of the man, or making eye contact with Lestrade's warm gaze, sending shivers throughout his body.

Lestrade had always found mycroft to be elegantly attractive. His well fitting suits always drew his attention to Mycroft's rather pert arse, the way he wasn't afraid to put Lestrade in his place, and the way that he purred his name. It had led to an increasing desire to kiss the man, perhaps to find that spark that had been missing from his heterosexual relationships, or even just to revel in Mycroft's response. Mycroft had been staring at him all evening, he could feel his eyes drift over his body, and could have sworn at one point he'd seen him drooling. Lestrade decided he would tease the younger man, with subtle touches and not so subtle flirting. And Mycroft had seemed to be enjoying it, that was until now.

"You alright Myc?" Lestrade slurred slightly, noticing as Mycroft had quickly made and broken eye contact. Mycroft nodded curtly, finding himself staring too intently at the man's crotch. He swallowed slightly, trying to avoid thinking about how incredibly muscular the inspectors legs were, or how their knees were softly touching as they sat in such close proximity. This was all too much.

Mycroft cleared his throat and abruptly stood up, brushing imaginary wrinkles out of his suit as to further avoid looking at  Lestrade. If he stayed near him for much longer he was at extreme risk of just ripping his clothes off, and he wasn't sure that was something the other man had wanted. So leaving seemed like the safest option.

Mycroft was pretty sure Lestrade had been flirting with him all night, his hand kept resting on his thigh, and he kept giving him this smouldering look that was driving him crazy. But Mycroft still wasn't sure if this was something he wanted. Lestrade was a flirtatious man, it didn't mean to say he wanted to sleep with everyone he flirted with. Could you imagine if Mycroft made a move, and had judged the situation horribly badly? From the sounds of it, Lestrade had only been bisexual in an experimental sense as a teenager, and Mycroft wasn't sure this had carried through to the present day.

"You're leaving??" Lestrade exclaimed disappointedly as he saw him stand up. "Have I done something to offend you?" Had he blown this? He had been flirting with Mycroft all night, but it seemed to go down well? The more time he spent with the man, the more curious he got about what it would feel like to kiss him, the more he really bloody wanted to kiss him. Mycroft had seemed interested in him, but all of a sudden had gone quiet and withdrawn.

"I've scared you off haven't I?" Lestrade asked. He knew that Mycroft could be quite skittish about these things, it was easy to spook him. He also knew that this burgeoning curiosity could completely destroy the friendship it had taken months to build. Lestrade wasn't even sure he was still gay? Was it worth risking everything for a quick snog, especially if it turned out he didn't like it?

Mycroft sighed softly and sat back down. He softly rubbed his eyes with his palms in frustration, completely unsure about how to answer that question.

'You haven't offended me, and you certainly haven't scared me." Mycroft said in a reassuringly gentle tone. Lestrade's furrowed and concerned brow softened, and he edged closer to Mycroft on the sofa.

"What's the matter then? Was it the flirting? Because I can stop if it makes you feel uncomfortable."

"It's not that, I quite enjoyed the flirting..." Lestrade raised his eyebrows, taken aback. He had not seen that coming. He really thought he'd gone too overboard with the flirting, but obviously not. Perhaps there was a way of convincing Mycroft to stay?

"So if you enjoyed the flirting..." Lestrade purred, moving even closer to Mycroft, his hand moving slowly up his thigh. "Why aren't you staying?" He watched as Mycroft swallowed again, his breathing became rapid, and he gazed at Lestrade with what he read as arousal.

"I...umm...I...." Mycroft stammered. Was this really happening? The insanely attractive detective inspector that was so out of his league was most definitely flirting with him. Maybe he didn't need to leave after all?

"Lost for words Mycroft? That's not like you..." Lestrade drawled, moving his face to within inches of Mycroft's. "Are you sure I can't convince you to stay?" He smirked lightly, studying Mycroft's face as his eyes widened at the realisation of what was happening. He licked his lips, his expression shifting to one of alluring mischievousness.

"I think I may take some convincing Gregory..." Mycroft quirked his eyebrow at the inspector, as if to say 'go on then, try your best!'.

"God I love how you say my name..." Lestrade smirked, before leaning in for a kiss....