Chapter one

1

Dr. Thomas Manning sat in his desk laid out in front of him rom left to right is a cup of coffee, to the right two folders which had the names Haley Turner and Brianna Turner, there contents where stroude out in front of him. A single family picture of the family that once was, to the right a picture of his own family and next to that a picture of his three children on the right his  five year old daughter Madison, in the middle his six year old son Thomas Jr and his oldest daughter twelve year old Loran. He keeps looking at the picture of the Turner family and his own family.

He just can't believe how similar the Turner family and his own. They look so happy so similar.

     He was the doctor appointed to the Turner girls they had both been his patients for roughly a year. It was Briana then sixteen years old had been the first to be put in the hospital first It was less than two weeks after their mother had died in a car accident. Brianna and Haley both had been in the car. She had been depressed. She had failed to commit suicide when she tried to slice her wrist. It wasn't a entire week until Haley the younger  of the sisters who was then only fifteen had attempted to slice her wrist as well. When he had asked her what was wrong why she had tried to kill herself. To his surprise it was not simply because she was sad about her mother. Haley who was the more timid and shy. He would never forget her strange response. She said softly almost so softly that he wasn't sure what he had heard her right. She said I missed my sister.

                    It was silent in the room as he just sat back in his seat letting his hand stroke his freshly shaved face. His skin felt rough even to his touch. He didn't know what to think. About all of this. He has been in the psychiatric field for over Fifteen years. He had been at Jackson State hospital for almost six years. Never has he seen a case such as with the Turner girls. So it would go without saying that he was surprised not even surprising it was a revelation to him when he realized that the fifteen and seventeen years old. Two young girls lives go to hell so fast. Within two years two families were ruined and six lives were snuffed out. Less than two years.  Just three weeks when everything went to freaking crap.

       “Dr. Manning…” He turned to see a young beautiful woman with long blonde hair Which were put up in a bun. She wore a all white button up shirt and a knee high blouse Which covered her slim body. He could see her curve of her hips as she stood slightly propped up in the doorway.  “She's ready sir.” She said smiling as if her and the good doctor had a sexy secret. “Thank you Mrs. Anderson.”

 She walked out of the room disappearing beyond the doorway and after he got himself together. He quickly gathered everything and put it into his folders. He joined

nurse Anderson who proceeded to lead him down the hall. He walked down the hallway and turned to the right. As he turned a right on the hall on either side of him. As they proceeded they passed a older woman and a nurse as they walked down the hall. The nurse supporting the woman as she staggered down the hall. There destination closer now. The interview room the room he had treated hundreds of patients over the last six years. That room was where he treated Brianna and Haley almost daily.

     He had talked to Haley and Brianna separately they both seemed depressed. Not suicidal still very depressed  neither of them as bad as when they first came in but still not better. That was until they were allowed to be together. Each of them  were better from then on the hospital arranged for them to be together whenever they wanted. They shared the same room and over the course of the stay. It was apparent that there was a unhealthy bound between the sisters. Which several doctors have tried to break, it did quickly become apparent that the sisters were in a way a safety net which they each desperately needed.