Chapter Thirteen: Boring

Keith's day had been rather uneventful after Lance left. He sat around doing nothing in particular, only getting up when it was needed.

By the time night rolled around, Keith was far too anxious to sleep. He worried about how Lance would react if he was told to take it down a notch. Would he be mad?

Keith bit his lip as he played with the hem of his shirt. He still had five more hours to wait until he was to sneak out and meet with the merman. Everything was far too much for him to process.

Rolling his eyes, he stood up. He'd had enough of this. He shrugged on a hoodie and put on his shoes. Allura and Shiro hadn't come home so he decided it was safe to go out the front door, although he did leave his window unlocked in case they did come home.

He walked down the barren streets lazily. It was peaceful, he decided. There was no one around. It was dark and chilly and relaxing. He realized that every other time he had snuck out he was too busy thinking about Lance to really take in what was around him.

His hands found their way into the pocket of his hoodie and his lips turned up at the calming atmosphere. Why hadn't he done this sooner? Maybe he'd drag Pidge into coming out with him some time.

Keith decided that he would stroll around the town until it was time to meet with Lance. It was a nice distraction. Not one person was in sight, a slight breeze chilled him; the dark gave everything a serene feeling. He loved it.

He felt a bit lonely, though, and decided he might try calling Pidge while he still had time. They'd definitely be awake and her parents would no doubt be asleep so it was perfect. He hoped Pidge would be up to sneaking out.

"Hey, Pidge..." he mumbled when the call connected.

"What'd ya want?" Pidge responded sounding preoccupied, Keith walked quickly as he made his way to the front of his friend's house.

"So, I'm currently in front of your house, wanna sneak out and walk around town with me?" Keith questioned.

"Hell yeah I do, I've been waiting for you to ask this." Pidge exclaimed eagerly, as she had already snuck out plenty of times and had been waiting for Keith to build up the nerve to ask her along.

"Be out in a sec." Pidge added before cutting off the call, leaving Keith to simply wait.

It didn't take long for Pidge to make her way out of the house, and soon the two teens were walking around side by side. Both stayed silent for a while before the younger spoke up.

"Soooo, what made you decide to finally sneak out?" She smirked, side glancing to the taller.

"I got bored." Keith frowned.

"So specific, thank you for the details." Pidge grimaced, crossing her arms.

"Sorry, I'm kinda distracted." Keith shrugged, not knowing what else to say or do.

"What are you wanting to do out here on such a beautiful evening?" Pidge's eyebrow rose a fraction as she stepped forward.

"I don't know, just anything to keep my mind occupied, really." Keith shrugged again, avoiding eye contact.

"Hmm... alright." Pidge decided it was fair enough and began to think about fun things to do around town so late at night.