Silly Games

"Daddyo!" Ashley called downstairs.
   "Ashleyo!" her father called back, walking up the creaky stairs. 
   "Can you call me when Lilly and Kyra get here?"  Ashley asked, batting her eyelashes.
   "Aw, I came upstairs just for that?" her dad complained, sighing.
  "I never said you had to." his daughter stated, smiling smugly.
  "Why don't you turn the lights on in here? I don't want you turning into one of those zombie teens I see around!" her father asked, opening up the blinds.
   "Dad! I'm trying to look up some scary sleepover things!" Ashley complained, shading her eyes due to the sudden lighting change.
   Her dad bent over her shoulder, looking at the Pintrest page she was reading.
   "Play responsibly, Ashley." her father warned, patting her shoulder.
   Ashley laughed. "Dad, they're just games! It's fine. It's not like we're summoning the Devil!" Ashley exclaimed.
   Her dad groaned a bit, then said, "Whatever you do, don't go outside. There's a storm coming."
   Ashley looked out the window. She saw a black sky, then turned back to her father and nodded.
  "Have fun baby. I'll be at Jared's if you need me." her father told her.
  "I thought you were going to work!" Ashley whirled around in her computer chair.
  "Jared needs help with house maintenance. I am working night shift, though. I'll be getting home when you girls are asleep." her dad explained.
  "Sounds good. Is there McDonald's in the fridge?" Ashley asked.
  "You know it." her dad responded.
  "Thanks!" Ashley heard a knock on the door and whirled out of her seat.
     She ran down the stairs, stopping at the door and opening it, to see her two best friends, holding drawstring bags in their hands. Her dad was in his room, getting his toolbox.
   "Hi guys!" Ashley exclaimed, pulling her friends in for a tight hug.
    "Hi!" Lilly said, smiling. Kyra was responding to her mom's text.
     Her dad came thumping down the stairs, looking like a plumber.
    "Silly games, Ashley!" her father called, shooting out the door.
   "Silly games. Right!" she called back.