him

frederick and wilhelmina gallagher- yes, those gallaghers- had long ago become accustomed to a life of the higher standard. everything from the luxurious london mansion they resided in to the string of private banks frederick inherited from his father was perfect. this perfection  even transferred over to their children.

the gallaghers were the proud parents of two boys, frederick the third and ezra. they were everything they had longed for and more; charming, handsome, bright, and, most importantly, able and expected to carry on the family name. the oldest of the two, frederick, was groomed from the time he was walking to take over the banks from the father, and he always seemed to genuinely excited over the opportunity. ezra, on the other hand, was expected to oversee the legal aspects of the bank, and dutifully pursued it.

between the trust fund and the debt free education, by all accounts ezra should have been ecstatic. so why was it that every time he imagined spending the rest of his life negotiating contracts and representing a posh bank, his stomach did a twist? 

ezra realized his true passion of photography when he took an elective his first year at college. it quickly became an escape for him, and through his exploration of the art, he was introduced to a community of people completely different from the elitist snobs he had been raised around, and so much better.

now, at twenty three, ezra is drudging through law school, ever playing the part of the dutiful son, whilst moonlighting as a photographer. in the back of his mind, he knew that if wilhelmina and frederick ever found out he would rather be a starving artist than a lawyer- or, worse, that he identified as bisexual- they would cut him off completely, but as long as he can manage hiding who he really is from them, he will.