Surrender (Edited)

2nd ☺ P.O.V.

Where was Nico going? Who knows?!
Why is he going there? Who cares?!

I'm kidding, jeez. He's heading to Leo's house. Happy?!

~~~~

Third Person P.O.V.

Nico took a deep breath and stepped up to the door of Ms. Gaia. Was he sure he wanted to do this? Yes.

Knock. Knock. Knock. Three knocks on the door of Ms. Gaia's. A few moments later, the woman opens the door. Nico looks over her appearance; she has dark curly hair that was as messy as a forest, and dark skin like Hazel's. She also wore a long white, silky dress and green flats, and her eyes were as blue as the sky's, like Jason's, but seemed warm and loving like honey. If he didn't know better, he'd think this was one of the sweetest "mothers" in the world!

"Yes, son?" she asks, of course not recognizing the boy.

"I'm Nico di-"

"Angelo! Oh, hi! You must be here to say goodbye to Leo!" she smiles widely, almost. . . excited.

"Uh, yeah. Sorta." he replies awkwardly.

"Well, come in, come in, you're catching a cold!" she pulls him in and closes the door. Catching a cold? It's, like, 80 degrees outside! he thinks.

"Leo's in his room upstairs, first door to your left." she directs smiling warmly, entering a different room. Okay. . . ?

Nico's P.O.V.

I head upstairs, and sure enough, Leo was sitting in his room, the room firstly to my left.

"Um-" he looks up abruptly from his wires.

"Nico!" he hops off his bed and jumps into me in a hug. I hug him back tightly. But then, I realize.

I push him off of me, "You idiot! You got expelled! What am I supposed to do without you, Leo?!"

He looks down, looking ashamed. "I'm sorry, Nico," he says. "I didn't mean to, I swear! But you don't need me to be okay, you're strong."

He refuses to make eye contact with me. I lift his chin, even though he's taller, until he can see me.

"I will always need you. . . because I love you. You're my everything now. I can't lose you." I explain.

His eyes get watery and I feel mine getting watery too. I hug him, and neither of us let go for a while.

"Just find a way to contact me, okay? I know you're smart enough to do that." I whisper. I feel him nodding.

"Okay. . . Neeks."

I was about to whisper that I loved him when Ms. Gaia spoke up.

"Are you two hugging? I thought you were just saying goodbye!" she exclaims. I let go of Leo, watching him roll his eyes, knowing what's coming next.

I look back at the woman, "We are."

She huffs, looking angry. "Leave our home." she says roughly.

"Your home." Leo corrects.

"Excuse me, you little BRAT, but I took you in!! Be grateful I'm not kicking you out, you piece of rubbish!" she screams. Leo sighs, not really offended, as if he was used to her yelling.

"Don't talk to him like that." I say as threateningly as I can muster. She steps back a little when she sees me glaring.

"You need to go. I'll make sure you never hear from him again!" she declares. The camera she'd been holding (that neither Leo or I noticed) she switched into her other hand, and entered Leo's room, hanging it up and turning it on.

"I'm watching you at all times now, Leo." she swoons.

"You witch! That's invasion of privacy! That's against the law!" I argue. I was about to scream more when Leo grabbed my arm, I looked his way.

"Don't," he pleaded. "It isn't worth it."

Not worth it? How could it be not worth it?! I look at him, hurt. I'll never be able to talk to him, more less see him again, if we don't fight this battle. Is he seriously giving up this easily?!

"Leo-"

"SHUT UP!" his foster mom literally stomps, screaming. "LEAVE!"

Leo nods apologetically, his eyes still very watery. I feel like crying, bursting into a waterfall, myself. No way. NO WAY! He couldn't be doing this, could he?!

"Since when do you surrender to 'rules', Valdez?" I ask harshly, and pull my arm from his grasp. I turn around and silently move to the front door. I open it and exit, refusing to look back at the house as I walk, knowing my knees would buckle and I'd crumble if I did.

I hate you for this, Leo.

EDITED.
FEEL FREE TO POINT
OUT ANY MISTAKES.