Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Jazmyne

My eyes shut tight as I felt myself falling forward. I was at peace with what I was doing. I knew there wasn't going to be any more pain where I was going.

All too soon, my peaceful state of mind ended as I was suddenly jerked back hard. "No!" I screamed. "No! Please let me go!" I cried loud and painfully. "I don't want to be here anymore." I weakly sobbed as tears ran rapidly down my face.

"No, you almost jumped!" The guy holding me yelled, surprisingly.

"I know that! Just please let me go." My body went limp against him as I cried. "Just let me die."

"No! I'm not going to let you kill yourself." He said while loosening his hold on me. He then turned me to face him and I closed my eyes and just silently cried. I heard his small intake of breath and I knew I had to have looked terrible.

"Can you please let me die. I just want to die. I don't want to go back there." I knew if I was still alive they would somehow find me and I didn't want that. Mentally, physically, I simply couldn't take it anymore.

My eyes slowly opened when I no longer felt his hold on me. I stared into his shocked brown eyes.

His mouth opened then closed as he became loss for words. I decided to counter on his shocked state. With the little strength I had, I pushed him away from me and took off towards the cliff once more.

I took my chance and jumped off the cliff.

"No!" He yelled from behind me as I was caught midair.

"No!" I screamed and immediately I began thrusting around in his hold. "Let me the fuck go!" I yelled out crying. I was over the cliff when he grabbed me back. "Why did you stop me? You don't even know me. Just let me go, please." I begged him.

"I'm not going to let you kill yourself. Just let me help you, please." He asked still holding me tight. My head shook as I continued to cry. "Just, just... tell me what happened and let me help. If you do, I promise you'll never have to see me again." He practically pleaded with me.

My head shook at him. "Why? You don't know me." Why would a complete stranger want to help me? Why did he even care? Why couldn't he pretend he didn't see me?

"That doesn't matter. Look, I know I can help in some way or another. I can call the police—"

"No! Please don't. He'll find me and take me back there. I don't want to go back there. I wanna die." My breathing picked up as I began to pant frantically. Jack was a cop so calling the police would be like handing me to my abuser.

"Hey, hey, hey, calm down. I won't call the police if you don't want me too. Just calm down, please." He spoke soothingly while pulling me further away from the edge and into the clearing.

I didn't have anything left in me so I stopped fighting to get free. I was just so tired.

"I'm going to let you go now. Please don't try to run again." He let me go and I sat in the grass. I didn't know what else to do. He walked around and stood in front of me.

Slowly I started to move away from him. My chest raised then fell hard as I stared at his naked form.

Taking in my reaction he glanced down at himself. "Shit, I'm so sorry. Don't freak out, I promise I'm not going to hurt you." He assured as he stepped away from me. "I'll be right back, please don't move." He then turned away from me and ran back into the woods.

My eyes stared at the cliff and all I could think about was jumping. That was what I wanted to do at the moment. What other reason were there for me to continue to live on such a hellish earth. I was already dying here. I pushed myself up off the ground and slowly made my way back to the cliff.