Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

Jazmyne

Noah pulled in front of a big brick house and parked. The entire ride there, I had spaced out. I was beginning to feel odd about coming to his house.

It just wasn't normal to meet a guy in the woods and be so comfortable with him. Maybe that was my problem, I somehow always tried to see the good in a person.

Even, though, I thought that a part of me knew there was something more with Noah. And I was just trying to find an excuse to make everything feel wrong. Because it should have been.

"Jazmyne," Noah touched my shoulder and I jumped. "Sorry. Are you okay?" He questioned in a concerned manner.

I felt numb. My mind was running with the things Doc told me. I wanted to know why I was able to heal so fast. It didn't make sense to me.

"Hey, Jazmyne." He called, getting my attention once again.

"Yeah? Sorry. My mind is everywhere right now. There's just so much I don't understand, that I really want to." I confessed to him. "One thing for sure is that this shouldn't be normal." I pointed between the two of us.

"Why am I sitting here with you? A stranger I met, naked in the woods. I shouldn't feel comfortable being here with you. Or feel like I've known you my whole life. Something inside of me is pulling toward you and I don't know what it is. Noah, I should be floating down a stream right now. Given what just happened to me last night. I shouldn't be here." I stressed as my over running thoughts consumed me.

"Then I'm healing quickly. What if I did decide to report what happened last night? What evidence would I have to back up the facts?" I asked him. "I wouldn't have any because all the marks, the swelling and burns are all gone." I snapped as I began to get pissed off. I didn't even know where the anger suddenly came from.

My mind soon went to Jack and what he did to me. I wanted him to suffer a horrible, torment death.

"Jazmyne." Noah called my name and my head snapped towards him. He jumped, then raised his hands. "Jazmyne, you have to calm down." I could see on his face that he was slightly shook as he stared at me.

I felt my breathing coming out in hard pants but I couldn't calm down. I didn't know why. My body had become so heated. "I can't." I snapped at him.

Noah reached out and took hold of my hand. "Breathe deeply and release it." He coached me. But I didn't need to do that. His touch began to relax me as well as my over running mind.

My eyes closed as my heated body calmed down. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you." I apologized. "It's so frustrating to not know what's going on with me. Then to think about last night. I just want him to die." I confessed truthfully as tears began to run down my face.

"He will get his, trust me. And he'll never hurt you again none of them will." Noah assured me, pissed off.

My head nodded at what he said. "Can I ask you to do something?"

"Whatever it is consider it done." He insisted.

"If they find me. Will you kill them?" I asked him sincerely.

"Without you even having to ask. It'll be slow and painful. That's my word." His eyes stayed locked with mine as he spoke.

"I believe you." I did. His eyes showed his truth.

"Your aura changed while you were mad." A perplexed look settled on his face as he stared at me.

My brows furrowed in confusion. "What does that mean?"