Story arc synopsis

Celestine is not excited when she learns her parents are moving their family to Woodstock, Vermont. Even though she'd grown to despise her hometown--a place she viewed as full of unbelievers and bad dreamers--she was afraid of things going from bad to worse. But as soon as the reaches Woodstock, she admires the beautiful woods and rolling hills. Moreover, she gets that feeling that there's an indefinable wonderful about the place. The woods behind the house call to her and while exploring with her sister, Ellie, they discover a portal in the woods to another world. Celestine is overjoyed, feeling as though she's living in an adventure like those in her favorite books. The cave itself is magical--when the girls touch the walls, their names and images of them are formed in the stone walls. They follow the light at the other end of the cave out into a grove where they meet five beautiful riders who exude joy and whose voices reminiscent of elements. The riders tell the sisters that they were sent to escort the girls to the Royal City. The cottage in the glade is for the girls and has been fitted with everything they will need for the journey. The girls are assured that their many questions will be answered on the journey, and with excitement, they set forth on what Celestine is sure will be the path to a grand destiny.