part 1

a loud cry of the few days old baby filled in the forest as the moon brightly shone over him

'he is the rightful heir to the throne'

'she's a skilled combatant. Not just a mere passerby'

'he needs to be away till he came off age'

'the way he sway the sword is majestic'

'There's no great warrior than shiv'

He could feel a jealous pair of eyes boring onto him

'why do you hide from me soldier'

'the chandela's have captured all the main forts. They're heading towards the palace now.'

'we need to stay concealed till we're able to fight them back'

'there are times a woman becomes vulnerable in front of a man in a combat. It's in the nature princess'

'how can I thank you enough for saving my kingdom?'

he furiously walked out from the court

'long live maharaja veer pratap shekawat'

'how could you let this happen father? Now he knows all our army secrets. You do know how dangerous it is'

'we had signed a treaty over this' , 'I've decided to render inoperative the accord'

War fields filled with dead bodies, blood rivers, roars and screams. Peace had become a word to dream for.

'you brought this over us brother'

'We will end the war and agree for peace if you agree on the reward I ask for'

'am I your wife or just your prize?'

'I'll help you defeat him. You can keep the kingdom. In return I need the control of his strongest naval base and his queen'

'it's not a wise act to let him go alive'

'I will come back veer pratap shekawat. I will come back and quench my thirst for revenge'

'and I'll hunt you down again'

The sole heir of the Kundras, the earlier shekhawats, now sat grimly on his rocking chair with his eyes closed. Rarely did he get peaceful sleep. He was tired of those weird dreams or better say nightmares that haunted him lately. He used to have some blurred visions when he was ten. After that they had stopped with time. But when he came off age, it had returned back to him. And now when he is expected to take over the kundra empire, they had insanely increased literally refusing to let him sleep. A bigger stage of parasomnia. He had sought help from the specialists and undergone treatments. Even now he had his own psychotherapist for helping him reduce the stress level, the effect and frequency of these dreams. But he felt odd. Those visions where unnatural, untimely and unexplainable as if they were trying to enlighten him about something. A part of him was curious to find out what they meant but his family only showed interest to ward them off from him. Understanding the miserable war he underwent with himself, his mother adviced him to get settled.

"a marriage can help better Rishab" she had said. "how can I pull an innocent girl into this and spoil her life mom? It's not done" he disagreed to that idea. "you need to keep yourself busy and occupied. Other works have a limit in helping with it but a family can help most in engaging yourself. And slowly that will make you get better. Who told that may spoil a girl's life? I will only approve a girl with least flaws, a perfect heart and mindset as my son's royal bride. Listen to me this time". He couldn't argue with her anymore. even if he did, he knew she would somehow coerce him into doing her bid. "if that's what you want, let it be"