Date?

KENZIES POV
"Well i should change for our date i guess then, shouldn't i?" I asked Colby.
"No, you look fine." He said.
"Okayyy." I said back.
"I'll come back by around 8 to pick you up?"
"Okay sounds good!" I said.
When Colby left, Kat and Devyn stayed and i immediately texted my two best friends, Alex and Mari. I haven't seen them for a while because they both went on vacation. Alex went to Hawaii and Mari went on a cruise. Mari hated it. She got sea sick and just hated it. Alex loved Hawaii and we sad to leave. Alex got back like 3 days ago and Mari got home yesterday.
I told the girls to get over here asap because i have 2 people for them to meet and that i have a date for the first time, besides that one time 1 year ago..it was an abusive relationship anyways, they both said they'll be over in 10 minutes.
When they got here i introduced them to Kat and Devyn. They all seemed to get along pretty well. By the time we all got done talking it was 12pm. We all decided to go to Orange Leaf and get some fro-yo. I've never been so i agreed. I was kinda hungry. Not a lot but i could eat. When we were out we ran into Colby and one of his friends.
"Oh hey, Kenz." Colby said walking over to us.
"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Same thing you are. Getting fro-yo with a friend, this is Brennan." Colby answered.
"Hi brennan! Nice to meet you! This is Alex and Mari and you know Kat and Devyn im assuming?" I said.
"Hi and yes i have." He couldn't keep his eyes off Alex and she couldn't keep her eyes off him. He seemed to like her and she seemed to like him.
"Alright well i'll let y'all back to yalls day haha see you later colby, bye brennan!" i said.
"Wait! This is Colby?!" Mari said pointing to Colby looking at me.
"Uh..yes?" I said and looked at colby in confusion. He looked confused too.
She walked closer to Colby and said,
"You better treat her like a queen." She said. I was kinda embarrassed and looked down at my shoes.
"No worries, i will." Colby said looking at me. I looked up and mouthed to him, "sorry" colby just looked at me and mouthed back,
"don't be" and smiled.

*time skip to 10 mins before colby gets here*

I'm pretty nervous. And Devyn ended up putting more makeup on me like foundation, contour, highlight, and a tiny bit of blush. I made sure my phone was charged all the way and a put $50 in the back of my phone case because i want to pay for me and colby.
The doorbell rang and that's when the nerves got me. I know i shouldn't be nervous but i really like Colby and i don't wanna mess things up.
When we got to chilis he server took us to our booth and Colby sat across from me. After a few minutes the server came back and took our drinks and asked if we were ready to order and also took our orders. I just got enchilada soup and Colby got a big burger and fries. Our drinks came out, i got water and Colby got Coke.
"So how was your day?" I asked Colby.
"It was pretty good, but seeing you made it 20X's better." He said blushing. Which made me blush.
"Well right back at ya." I said smiling.
"So, tell me more about you. I don't really know anything about you." Colby said.
"Well what do you wanna know?" I asked.
"Do you have siblings? Favorite color? Biggest fear?" He asked.
The biggest fear question brought up a rough past. I'm terrified of the ocean because my very very best friend and I went to the ocean for vacation for a 3 days 2 years ago and she ended up drowning when we were on a boat..we didn't realize that there was a big storm coming and we stayed out on the boat. It capsized and when help did come, we couldn't find her..days later police found her body. I still miss her everyday. Her name was Tessa. I still have nightmares from the night she drown. It was terrifying. My brother was always the one that woke me up from the nightmares. I haven't had one in 2 weeks. This also happened last month, i didn't get it for two weeks then BOOM the nightmares came back. My brother was hesitant to move out because of my night terrors but i assured him that i'll be fine.
"...Kenziieee....?" I looked up and realized i got lost in my thoughts.
"Wha-Uh, sorry." I apologized.
"You okay?" He asked.
"Yeah i'm fine." I fake smiled. I've never opened up to anyone about it but my brother(Zach), Alex and Mari.

COLBYS POV

I can tell that was a fake smile. I know she's not okay. I shouldn't have asked those questions.
"Well, i have a brother, he's 2 years older than me. And SUPERRR protective of me. B-biggest fear is uh.. spiders," she said, i can tell that was a lie. She's bad at telling lies. She seems hurt by that question. I'm not gonna ask right now. Maybe if i meet her brother i'll ask him, "and my favorite color is light blue." She finished.
"What's your brothers name?" I asked.
"Zach." She answered.
"Cool."
"Now, tell me about you." Kenz said as our food got here.

*time skip to leaving*
"I'm paying!" Kenz took the check and tried paying.
"Not this timeeee!" I said.
"Ooh so there will be another time?" She asked sarcastically.
"I mean, i had fun, if you did, i'd be happy to go on another date.." I said back snatching the check from her while she wasn't paying attention.
"I'd like that a lot." She smiled.
We payed and I took her home. I walked her to her door.
"Thank you, Colby. I had a ton of fun." Kenz said.
"Anytime. I had an amazing time too." I said.
"I'll see you tomorrow i'm sure haha." She said.
"I'm sure you will." I said, I leaned in to kiss her, but she moved so i kissed her cheek.
"I'm sorry, Colby. Goodnight.." Kenzie walked inside. I stood there for a second and walked back to my car and drove home.

Well that was awkwarrdddddd this chapter was pretty long. Should i make them longer or shorter?? HOPE YALL LIKED IT! DRAMA COMING UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!! COLBY WONT REALLY BE HIMSELF BUT WILL CHANGE BACK JUST BE PATIENT! <3 <3