chapter 3

Beep. Beep.Beep. my alarm goes off. I turn it off and put my slippers on. 8:30 my clock says. I make my bed and throw my stuff animals on. I fold my blanket and put it on the corner. Open my blinds and walk across the room to feed Riley. "Morning Riley." I say. After I feed her I go to my dresser and get some jean shorts and a red shirt that says, cowgirl on it. And take off my PJs and slip on my clothes. I go to my mirror and brush my hair into a ponytail. I look at myself in the mirror. Trying to picture what my real mom and dad look like. I turn around and walk to my dresser and get some socks. I go back to my closet and get my brown cowboy boots. Then I couldn't resist so I go back to my mirror. I look at my freckles face. I wonder where did I get my green eyes from? Or light brown hair. I'm only 15 but I weigh 100 lb. Mom said I have a high metabolism. Whatever that means. I put on some diamond earrings in a black and white choker. I think I'm ready. I turn off my fan and go out to the kitchen. Mom and dad are cooking pancakes, eggs, and sausage sticks. "YUMMM." I say. "Morning honey." Mom says. Dad puts to finish eggs on the on a plate and walks around the island and kisses me on the forehead and says, "How did you sleep?" "Good." I say. "I was thinking." I say. I lick my braces in my mouth then Mom says, "Having any luck?" "No." I say. " well, maybe they don't want to be found or you are looking hard enough." Dad says with a smile. "Yeah, I guess." I say. "Hungry?" Mom asks, Ashley Scoops eggs and pancakes on my plate putting on the sausage last. "Yeah." I say.
• • •
After breakfast I go to my room and sit at my desk. I hear a knock on the door and I say, "Come in." "You ready?" Mom says. "For what?" I ask. "You will find out! Come on!"