Leaving Home

"E

"E.Q, give her the mirror." Maleficent ordered as she handed the small mirror back to the Evil Queen, referring to Evie.

"Yeah." The Evil Queen said, handing the small mirror to her daughter.

Evie took it gingerly. "Th...this is your magic mirror." Evie said in amazement.

"Yeah, well, it ain't what it used to be." The Evil Queen told her daughter. "Then again, neither are we." She said looking back at Maleficent who was leaning on the back of her chair. The both shared an evil laugh. "It will help you find things." The Evil Queen continued, looking back at her daughter.

"Like a prince?" Evie asked hopefully with a large grin.

"Like my waistline." The Evil Queen suggested.

"Like the magic wand, hello?" Maleficent cut in frustrated.

"Hello." The Evil Queen agreed.

"My spell book. My book!" Maleficent said as she made gestures with her hands. "I need my- that book." The Evil Queen pointed behind them at an old refrigerator, and Maleficent turned to look. "Oh. Ah! The safe, the safe!" Maleficent clumsily tried to open the door, to no avail. "Queen, help me!" Maleficent ordered. "I never can figure this thing out.

Malia and Mal exchanged excited looks.

Maleficent banged her fist on the refrigerator before the Evil Queen just grabbed the handle and opened the door. "Viola." She said dryly.

"My spell book- come, Malia, darling, come."Maleficent said, taking a book out of the freezer. It was a worn out brow book that was covered in frost, which was apparently cold because Maleficent almost dropped it.

Malia got up from her seat quickly slightly excited and walked over to her mother with Mal and the other Descendants behind her.

"Oh, there she is. You see, it doesn't work here, but it will in Auradon." Maleficent sighed. "Remember when we were spreading evil and ruining lives?" Maleficent asked the Evil Queen.

"Like it was yesterday." The Evil Queen said sadly.

"And now, since you're my oldest, you will be making your own memories..." Maleficent said as she offered the book to Malia. As Malia reached out to take it, Maleficent drew it back. "...by doing exactly as I tell you." Maleficent told her oldest daughter before giving the book to Malia. "Door." She told the Evil Queen and the Evil Queen closed the fridge door just as there was a car honk.

"Let's get this party started." Jay declared making Mal smile a small smile as Evie looked into the magic mirror with a grin.

"Carlos! Come!" Cruella ordered her son.

"Who's the fairest of them all?" The Evil Queen asked her daughter.

"Me!" Evie squealed.

"Ah!" The Evil Queen said as she shook her head.