how you say, dance? 2

Everyone met up in front of the aisle a few minutes before the wedding, except of course Alexander.

"Hey." You grinned, walking over to Lafayette. He turned around eyebrows raised, upon hearing your voice. His face instantly broke into a grin, which then subsided into an adoring smile.

"You look beautiful, amour."

"You don't look so bad yourself, Laf. Ready to dance later?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Non! I'll never be ready!" he whined, and you chuckled.

"You'll be fine. I'll be there." You smiled, and he sighed. "Hey, why isn't your tie tied?"

"Merde, I forgot about that. I need to find Herc to tie it." He began to turn to leave, but you placed you hand on his shoulder and he stopped, turning to you with a confused look.

"Don't bother. I can do it." You chuckled as he turned back to face you. "I can't believe you're a grown man and you can't even tie a tie."

"When my own wedding comes in going to be a mess. I can't dance, I can't the a tie, I wonder what other wedding-related activities I can't do." He huffed.

"You're seriously getting stressed about this? Laf, you're fine. I promise." He sighed, not meeting your eyes. "Hey, look at me." You placed a hand under his chin, tilting his face down. "Why are you so worked up about this? It's just one dance."

"I know, but I've been to a lot of formal events in my life, you know, coming of age parties where I was a potential suitor for girls I had never met, things like that. And there has always been dancing." A bitter look filled his face, and you sighed.

"I always forget you were raised in one of those upper class familes who attended cotillions," you chuckled.

"I know you love to tease me for being all snobby, but it's not the time."

"Right, sorry. You were saying?" You smiled lightly.

"Anyway, there was one girl, Marie Antoinette, who realized what an awful dancer I was and invited me to dance repeatedly just to humiliate me. Long story short, I fell on my face in front of all the aristocrats." He narrowed his eyes, looking off into the distance, and you slid your hands onto his shoulders.

"I promise, I'm not here to humiliate you. I want you to do well." He gave you a small smile and you stared into each other's eyes for just a second too long.

You swallowed hard, taking a small step back and breaking his gaze. "Anyway, I hope the wedding ceremony is nice."

"I'm sure it will be. You know, I never thought I would be the one to walk down the aisle, but I'll take what I can get."

You chuckled. "Yes, well, I've imagined walking down the aisle in my white dress countless times, but I've never been on your arm."

"Whose arm have you been on?" He raised an eyebrow and you smiled at the imagined scene.

"My father's. He'll walk me down the aisle and give me away to yo-" your eyes widened as you realized what you were saying, "...to my future husband."

"Do you think about this often?" he chuckled.

"All the time. When I get married, I don't think I'll even need a wedding planner, considering all the thought I've put into this." You grinned.

"Oh? So tell me about your future wedding."

"Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy are my bridal party, Peggy being the maid of honor. It's a small service in a church with only family and close friends invited, but it's nice. I'll write my own vows, get married, and then go to the after party and get wasted like there's not tomorrow." You both grinned widely at that, knowing that you were by no means exaggerating.