Prologue

Darkness engulfed the island, something wicked lurking around the next tree.  Aside from the faint rustling of leaves, the low throb of an engine could be heard.  It was distant, but very real.  There were two vehicles, both Jeeps, driving off the large, old ferry, and down onto the island. 
     They had their headlights on as the drove down the beaten path in the woods.  The campsite wasn't very far away.  They didn't see the dark, faceless, humanoid man in the bushes as the drove past him.  He hovered into the road as they drove off, slowly following behind them.
     He knew he'd get to have fun with this group.  A wicked, toothy smile formed on his blank face as he built speed, his legless body floating after them.  They had music playing faintly in the vehicle, but the creature was oblivious to it.  All he could hear was their heartbeats, pumping blood throughout their bodies.  Occasionally they'd quicken if they saw a rustling in a tree, or a little bump in the road.
     He darted behind a tree as the humans arrived at the campground.  They all climbed out of the vehicles, walking to the back of them, which lifted a door up from itself, revealing everything they'd brought along.  They reached for the bags containing their tents, and went to pitching them up almost immediately.  The sleepiness was all over their faces, which was odd considering it was only midnight, but he shrugged a little.  He'd let them start the next day.  With a slow turn and a few feet of distance into the trees, he disappeared into the darkness.
     His victims were soon climbing into their tents, zipping them up and crawling into their sleeping bags.  They were optimistic, as they all usually are.  Little did they know of the nightmares in store for them...

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

Summary of the Lokham Man's Game:

Days 1-4 (nights 1-3): Hallucinations at midnight, aren't usually very bad, but can be depending on how the Lokham Man reacts to each person.

Days 4-11 (nights 4-10): Hallucinations at midnight and noon (unless they discover the trick??) and tend to be more violent that the first few.

Days 11-15 (nights 11-14): Hallucinations can occur at any given moment (but usually don't occur more than 3 times during the day for each person) and usually feature the Lokham Man embodying the victims' greatest fear or greatest love, with a terrifying twist.

Rules of his Game:
•You may not leave the island until the game is complete.  It's virtually impossible - anytime you get too far into the ocean, he'll ensure you can't leave.
•Each Hallucination cannot last longer than one full hour.  They may occur for 59 minutes or only 5, it differs.
•Any physical/emotional/mental injuries sustained during hallucinations will be lasting even after the hallucination is over.
•Hallucinations typically involve the victims fears or those they love and hold deeply to them in order to ensure suffering of his victims.

Trigger Warnings:
•There will be a significant amount of violence in this book, as well as some gore (which will end up being pretty descriptive) so if you have issues with this, you may not want to read those parts, or the book, at all.
•There will be an LGBT+ relationship (fxf, in case you didn't pick it up in the character details), so if reading these bothers you, this might not be the book for you.
•There won't be any super descriptive sex scenes, maybe some romance beforehand but there'll be a fade-out if things get serious.

The whole purpose of this book (for me) was to write what I love to read.  Horror & sci-fi books are so interesting to me, and I'm hoping to build up my skills writing in this style.
If you have any issues or notice that something is wrong or worded weirdly, please direct message me!  I'd like to keep the novel comments for simple support (ex. i love this! keep updating! or: not my favorite, but a decent book.). I'd prefer to keep very negative things such as: this sucks! just stop, etc. out of the comments.  You can directly message this to me :) I may not answer, but i'll at least read it.

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»

Please Please Please

🤔Like🤔

🤣Comment🤣

🤷‍♀️Share🤷‍♀️

❤️❤️

«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»