Chapter 1

As if every morning starts out the same, I force myself to roll out of bed making my bare feet hit the cold wooden floor. In nothing but a long old band t-shirt I make my way to the kitchen.
Coffee is an absolute must every morning. Especially when your waking up at six-thirty to get ready for a dreadful day at work.

I work in a small office, sitting in a tiny cubical with no outside interactions. Some hate it but I'd like to think it's a pretty nice and easy going job. Simply sit behind a computer desk for eight hours a day picking the top magazines to be ordered for small businesses and any other stores that go through us for magazine picks. I'd like to say it's fairly decent, and not just because my boyfriends the boss. Everyone else thinks that's how I get my promotions and all my bonuses. No it's simply because I know how to do my job in while I applied for way before I even met Nathan.

As I prep the coffee maker for a wonderfully fresh pot of coffee I feel those warms hands slip around my waist and pull me in close. Slightly looking up I see those dark hazel eyes beaming  down at me. Cracking a small smile I learn upward so our lips and meet as we say good morning through a sweet kiss.

"Your making coffee this morning I see." Nathan smiled while grabbing down two black mugs from the cabinet, placing each of them on the counter beside me.

"I didn't see you getting up anytime soon to make it." I laughed.

"Well that's where you are wrong, just wanted to sleep a little more."

I smiled and nodded as the coffee pot buzzed notifying me the coffee was ready. The smell of freshly brewed coffee makes any morning instantly better, even though this coffee isn't better than the ones I normally get from the coffee shop down the street.

"Pour me a glass would you dear?" Nathan asked as he handed me his mug. "I need to behind getting ready for work, I have to be there early. We have a big presentation with the board today."

"Oh yeah? How do you think that's going to go?" I asked taking his mug and pouring his nasty black coffee handing it to him.

"Hopefully it does well. Been preparing for this for three weeks."

"Well good luck babe." I smiled as he walked away to the bedroom to get ready.

Pouring myself a nice cup of coffee and adding in all the right things, I stirred it up, grabbed a muffin from the pantry and went to the couch where I enjoyed my early morning breakfast.

As I gazed out the window of our beautiful apartment, I see young couples much like me and Nathan walking down the street, holding hands, laughing, and just simply enjoying each other's company. Genuine smiles lighting up their faces. Sometimes I just wonder what it would be like to be with someone that didn't always talk about work. Someone that wasn't always trying to move me up in the company simply because we are together. I'm independent and I can do it on my own, which is why I've always refused his help.

It'd be nice to have someone that liked to go out as I do. Someone who loves going places and seeing things! Having a good laugh. Nathan is just to serious. And honestly I feel sometimes I'm falling out of love with the man...

"Brooklyn how do I look? Professional!" Nathan snickered interrupting me from my thoughts.

"Like always." I sighed pushing out a small laugh.

I stood from the couch, sat my coffee down along with my muffin and walked over adjusting Nathan's tie.

"Now you look even better." I added.

"Thank you. I'm heading out, I'll see you later this afternoon when you get there." He smiled kissing me on the forehead before grabbing his coat and heading out the door.

Yeah...of course you will.

I went back to doing what I do every morning after Nathan leaves for work. Sitting alone in a huge apartment that has to much space for two people. If only he knew how to love a little differently. Mom and dad are so proud I've found a hard working man, that treats me so well. But finances aren't everything. It's nice always having things covered and taken care of but damn, love is important in a relationship too.

I slipped on my house shoes and walked to the door, normally we have a paper waiting outside for us. Even though I never read the paper, Nathan like to read them after work. So like usual I get up and go grab the paper. As I opened the door, I bent down grabbing the paper to see feet walk past me slowly. Looking up I see nothing but a darker haired boy with beautiful bright blue eyes watching me as he passed, a light smirk across his face. He then stopped in his tracks and turned around.

"The names Brad." He smiled, his dark blue eyes staring into mine. "And you are?" He asked. He had such a deep, soothing voice. And his facial features...he was like a sculpture of perfection.

"Brooklyn." I simply stated standing to my feet with the newspaper in hand. "I've never seen you here before." I starred at him looking at every detail of his fave closely.

"That's because I just moved in a few days ago." He laughed.

"I see." I simply stated not trying to engage into to much conversation.

"Well I don't anyone around here, just wanted a change in scenery, so I came to beautiful Chicago. Maybe we can go for coffee sometime, as friends of course." He smiled.

"I'm not sure that's a smart idea, I have a boyfriend." I said turning around griping the door to walk inside and end this here.

"I said a friends. What can't have those?" He laughed a little. As bad as it is to say he has a cute laugh.

"I can't have friends. Just I'm very picky on who I call my friend." I smiled and opened the door. "Nice to meet you. Have a good morning."

"You too Brooklyn. I'll see you around." He smiled lightly as I shut the door no longer able to see his beautiful constructed face.