Episode 1:Keeping Promises:Chapter 3:Rapid River Rush

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 3: Rapid River Rush

Clem's POV

The water soaks my red jacket, causing it to turn a darker red. My pants are drenched as I am pulled under. The sand below fells like stone, the roughness scrapes my legs. I feel a tear in my pants. My knee is fully exposed to the sand. I hold my breath, going up for air. As my gasps become much faster, I reach the top, breathing as much air as possible. The water in my eyes blurs my vision, making it near impossible to make out anything. I rub my eyes in disbelief, as the tempered father's corpse lies in front of me, blocking a drop in the stream. The flowing water causes my hearing to feel weary. The soothing sensation of flowing water has always been a relaxation for me.

I quickly pull myself onto a rock that has more than enough room to accommodate me. I lay flat, slowly feeling drifted from swimming. My body is exhausted, as I have been walking for days. I reach deep into my pocket, and grab a wet can of beans, forcing it down my throat. Beans taste terrible, but I need to eat. I scarf down the can and sip my camel-back. I see the fathers carcass, overshadowing the drop below. The father has a military style backpack on. Fully camouflaged with a rifle pouch. I kick at the father's leg, causing his body to float my way. I thrust my knife into his head, to confirm his death. The water turns red, as it flows down the river further.

Gripping the pack, I use all I have to rip it off of him. The pack comes surprisingly easily, slipping from his shoulders. The body falls into the drop below. A single splash is heard, and the blood below is contaminated so bad it is red. I open the big pouch of the soggy bag. An entire stash of medical supplies and ammunition is piled in. I rip out a med kit, still having its initial seal on it. A .50 caliber pistol is hidden in the ammo. I grip onto it. The handle is smooth, like a newborn's skin. The pistol is loaded, and heavier than usual. I finish examining, and place it in my holster. I dig deeper into the pack, and feel a paper like material. It feels freshly printed, so I slowly pick it out. I am quick to see it is a picture, a picture of the son, the father, and the mother. A tear rolls down my eye.

I am a monster. I am a monster. Those words repeat in my brain, until my body goes to sleep.

End Of Chapter 3: Rapid River Rush