7.

Leo's POV

I CLOSED THE door behind me as I searched my mind on where to buy bacon. Once I got out of the building, I hailed a cab.

"Target, please." I said while grabbing out my phone to text Chloe.

chloe..🚩?

As I waited for a reply, I grabbed out my wallet and readied the pay since I could see the red store on the end of the street.

how did u...?

does it matter? u talk as if i dont knw girls and their moodswings

right..yeahh...can you..??

Sure

Paying the cab, I rushed out and went on to the ladies' department and bought some napkins. I know a thing or two about girls—I have three sisters. Trust me, you wouldn't wanna be in the same roof with them when they have their montly visits.Her mood was off seeing as how she wanted bacon then McDonald's—I'm buying her both though. I rushed off next to the supermarket which was just across and bought frozen bacon.

Then I walked for about two blocks to the nearest McDonald's and bought her nuggets and sundae before deciding to walk back to the hospital (since I had no money left.)

Making my way into the elevator, a guy dressed formally (he was in a suit) bumped into me as he tried to overtake and almost made me spill Chloe's ice cream. "Hey," I called out to the slight older guy, "excuse me, don't mean to be rude but you almost wasted food."

The guy glanced down (as he was way taller than me—6'3 i think) at me and chuckled, "Ha, my apologies, how rude of me."

Although I could tell he wasn't very pleased, we got into the same elevator and I beat him into pressing the 5th floor. "Sorry," I muttered when his finger clashed with mine.

We got out and headed to the same direction as I felt him glancing at me back and forth all the while. The hallways seemed to be a never ending stretch but I finally reached Chloe's room. As I was about to open the door, a cold hand landed on my forearm.

"May I know who you are?" I glance up to see the same man in the suit from the elevator talking to me.

"I'm a friend of 504." I answered, discreetly. His mood seemed to have lightened as he smiled and laughed, "Oh, what a coincidence," the wrinkles on the sides of his eyes were showing.

I had no idea who this man was and how he knew Chloe. He couldn't possibly be his father, could he? But to be polite, I extended a hand forward, "I'm Leo, sir. Nice to meet you."

This guy seemed to chuckle a lot as he did it again, "Likewise, but I'm no sir. I'm not that old but you can call me Chuck. I'm Chloe's brother." and shook my hand.

So Chuck the CHUCKler loves to CHUCKle. See what I did there? Of course you have to, unless you're blind.

I opened the door and saw Chloe asleep on the bed. Leaving the nuggets on the table, I took out the sundae and placed it in the fridge. "I hope you don't mind me cooking here, sir, I mean Chuck." And also, leaving the napkins in the bathroom. Good thing Target's plastic was not see through.

"Do as you like," he smiled before placing his things on the couch, "I'll be checking on Chloe's vitals."

So Chloe had a doctor of a brother. Guess there were still a lot about her that I don't know and that makes me wanna know everything about her even more. And to think about it, I hadn't had a clue on why Chloe was confined.

I took out the frozen bacon and placed them on the pan as I fry them. My thoughts were buzzing about Chloe before Chuck spoke as if he read my mind. "Leo, isn't it? Do you know why Chloe's here?"

"No," I replied, feeling a little awkward since I was this () close to saying 'sir'.

"Are you curious?"

"Yes." I answered, "But Chloes hasn't told me yet and I don't wanna pry."

"I'm surprised she hasn't told you yet." Chuck chuckled, "It's nothing grave though...at least not anymore, she should be out in two days. I'll let her tell you in her own time then."

"Chuck," I called out, "now that I thought about it, I never knew Chloe had a brother. She never talked about her family."

Chuck looked at me with sad eyes. "Hmm, well we're not the kind of family you would brag to your friends about."

The bacons were cooked as I chose not to answer Chuck with his last statement. Turning off the gas, I turned around to find that Chuck had already mysteriously left the room. I sat down beside Chloe's bed and shook her gently.

"Mm? Pineapple belongs on pizza, Leo."

No, it doesn't. But wait, was she dreaming about me? "Leo," she snuggled close to me as I sat there, staring at her pale (but still beautiful) face. "Mm?"

"I want pizza."

I laughed out loud and removed her arms around my waist and stood up. "I only bought McDonald's and cooked bacon. Sorry."

I took a nugget and placed it on the brink of her nose before her eyes popped right open and lightened up with joy as she gobbled up the poor nugget. "I'm so hungry. Give me the rest!"

We talked and argued about random things afterward, laughing. "See this terribly childhood photo of me?" she laughed as she scooped a chunk of ice cream from her cup, "I didn't speak to my brother for two weeks because he posted it on Facebook."

I took a napkin and wiped the crushed oreo off her face as she blushed. "Chloe," I looked right straight into her eyes, "why were you confined?"

She looked away and for a moment I thought I wouldn't have gotten an answer when a tear slid off her cheek, so I quickly added,"Nevermind, don't say it if you don't want to."

"I...I tried to kill myself."

---
Welp. What happened?? The next chapter will still be in Leo's POV (yey!) but there might be triggers since topics such as mental health, and suicidal thoughts will be mentioned about.

For those not comfortable with the subject, you can stop reading. No hate comments please, I will delete them. Constructive criticism is okay but hating is not.