Chapter 10

Tammy, Candy, sorta rhyme.

Andre's POV

"Hey! Snap out of it."
I snapped my fingers in front of Candy as she began to shake her head. Probably to come back to reality. She spaced out immediately I showed her my glasses. I wasn't surprised though.  I've watched a lot of movies to know that, plus, I'm a nerd remember?

Anyway, I've seen it a lot where the rich guy wants a descent lady for a wife and so he disguises himself to be some sort of community worker and then the girl finds out then she freaks out and ignores him for a week, or month or two? I don't know it varies. Then he goes after her, and they get back together and live happily ever after. The typical Prince and pauper story, you know.

But , right here it's a bit different. I mean, let's face it. I'm not asking Candy to date me. Pffft! No. Freaking. Way. But she is definitely freaking out right now. But, what can a guy do? Stand by and watch and then play along. Right?

Right now she's lost all colour on her face and is looking like the cutest ghost I've ever seen.
She's holding the frame like it's a curse or some kind of poison, waiting to be spat out. You know that look on your face when you get the ultimate shocker? Yeah. That's the one.
To be honest, I'm loosing it a bit right now but a guy has to be cool so...

"How long has this been going on?" Candy finally croaks up, like she's been dumb for years.

"Ever since I moved here. Freshman year." I say a bit boldly and fearfully at the same time. I have no freaking idea what that is.

"On your third year hun?"

"Yeah." I mumble.

She suddenly begins to smirk like she knows something I don't. You know that look a killer gives you when he knows how he's gonna kill you no matter what happens? Yeah that's the one.

"You done tear their black ass up." She says, her smirk getting deeper. Its so deep, I think it going to crack. But then, what she said registers and I'm like,

"Wait. What? Black ass?"

"What? I'm not racist so..."

"You feel free to talk like a negro." I complete for her in a bored tone.

"Hey! African-American now."

"Whatever. That's beside the point."

"Why, then did you do it?"

"Please let's save that for another time?"

She gives me the knowing look. That one your mother gives when she knows you are lying? Yeah that, my friend, is the look I'm receiving right now.

I give her my puppy dog eyes, suck in my upper lip and push out the lower one, then bat my eyes for effect. I know it sounds gay or girly, but sometimes, a guy has got to work girl wonders or gay wonders if you may, just to get stuff.

She relaxes and I huff out a breath of victory, fist bumping in my head.

"Tammy will be hear soon anyway." I say as though nothing just happened.

"Oka- Wait. What? Tammy? Who the hell is Tammy and why will she be here soon?"

"Relax tiger. She's a friend. She's gonna direct the acting of out written project. She's a high school expert, I must add."

She looks at me disbelievingly.

"Seriously? High school expert?"

"What!" I defend, "She's pretty good at what she does"

Candy just deepens the look by raising one brow higher, furrowing the other one lower and then smirking with her head tilted to the left.

"We could just bicker on for the next five minutes whilst waiting for Tammy."

"Nah. That's for kids man!"

"Says the kid here."

"Takes one to know one."

"No it takes an adult to know a kid."

She face palms and sighs. "Don't you know the expression?"

"What do you think is in this nerdy brain? Junk?"

"So why the-"

"Just wanted you to bicker baby."

"Ugh." She sighs in defeat dropping her face on the table.

"Awn come on. Is tiger crying?" I coo trying to frustrate her.

"I'm not -"

"Hey guys!"

Candy's head shoots up at the sound of Tammy's chirpy voice.

"Hey Tammy!" I beam. I stand up and give her hug.

"Tammy." Candy says raising her head from the table.

"Um...hi?" Tammy says unsurely.

"The tiger won't bite Tams." I say and Candy glares at me.

"Anyway, back to business." Tammy says sitting up.

"Business? You're not getting paid you know." I say faking a shocked expression.

Tammy rolls her eyes at me while Candy says the usual 'whatever'.

"What kind of nerd are you?" Candy asks.

"A rare species." I say, not missing a beat.

"So," Tammy begins. "You want cheesy or normal."

"Normal!" Candy and I exclaim.

"That's it! You three are out of here!" The pissed manager screamed , storming towards us.

We then realised we had been gaining the attention of people from time to time.

"Well Tammy and Candy sorta rhyme." I say, trying to lighten the mood. The girls just give me the look.

Hey people!
Sorry for the late update. I must admit, I've been lazy. But, today I got a new follower who told me my book was suggested to her for her list, so I got encouraged and I promise I'll begin to update more often.
Hope this chapter was fun to read.
Till my next chapter, I say bye for now.

Mary.