#Grace// Pt. 2

*Here's the second part to this hopefully good and sweet, in my opinion, imagine. It may be a bit longer than the last, but enjoy anyways and tell me what you thought about both of them :)

* * *

Ten years later

Grace looks so much like her mother. So beautiful and she turned into her mother each and everyday as she grew.

And today is her 16th birthday. She's been waiting for today for so long, and all these years she hasn't asked about her mother once. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but she's been so happy.

Our friends are coming today for her birthday. Caroline, Elena, Matt, Bonnie, Stefan, Alaric and Jeremy.

Grace never liked to make a big deal of her birthday. It may have been 'cause (Y/N) died on her birthday, but I never told her that. I never told her how her mom died or that Bonnie had to save her life.

We decorated the dining room in red and black, her favorite colors, and Caroline had set the cupcakes in the center of the table when she got here. Grace didn't like having a big cake for her birthday. Always something small.

It was almost 12 in the afternoon and Grace should be waking up soon. Everyone was here and everything was ready.

I walked upstairs to Grace's bedroom. When she was about ten, when she decided she wanted to redecorate, we painted her walls red, put a few posters up, she had a black leather bed and her room was mostly just made of red and black.

I knocked on her door, but received no answer.

I walked in, looking around. Her room was as clean as it always was, her bed was made with her bear set on it, yet she wasn't anywhere to be seen.

She wasn't in her bathroom and she wasn't at her desk, where she would usually be writing in her diary.

Just then, I almost fell to the ground in surprise as Grace fell from above and onto my back. She always did that, surprising me whenever and wherever she could.

"Hey, Dad." She smiled at me as I looked back at her with a smile of my own.

She jumped off of me, walking in front of me as I took her hand in mine and spun her around. I always did that. She was my princess and I was her king.

I spun her towards me as I held her in my arms, kissing the top of her head.

"How is my stunning princess this fine morning?" I questioned her with a smile.

The weird thing is that whoever didn't know that I was a vampire, which mostly every knows, they would think Grace is my age, or close to my age.

"I'm pretty good. I'm clean and energized and ready for the day." She smiled.

Grace's POV

Today was my 16th birthday and even though dad didn't say anything, I know that he and our friends are planning a party for me.

I couldn't hear anything downstairs, since I was human and I didn't have vampire hearing, but I knew our friends were down there. It was always like I could read minds. Everyone believed I could.

Wearing a red and black sweatshirt with black jeggings, I slid on my glasses and some rings. I, then, picked up my bracelet with a music note on it and slid it on my wrist. But I noticed something.

There was a charm bracelet laying next to it. I don't remember having this.

I looked to dad as he smiled at me.