Part 3

Part 3.

Note: I hope you guys are enjoying this because I like writing it haha :)

     Light poured into the office as daybreak came. There wasn't an alarm to wake the snoozing koala because it was the weekend and there was no pertinent appointments Buster had to attend to. So, sleep he did; his chest rising and falling softly as he dreamed.

     It was the theater office Buster had owned for twelve years. He was doing what he usually did which was rummaging through papers, reviewing some shows to decide what to put on next, various letters from audience members, notes from the stage crew who reported needed fixes and budgets for new costuming and sets. It was just a regular setting for Buster. There was a knock at the door. 

     "Hello? Come in!" Buster said whilst still going through his paperwork.

     A thin sheep walked in while wearing a classic red track jacket.

    "Hey Buster." The familiar sheep said.

"Eddie! It's good to see you."

"You too. What's going on?"

"Not much, just some paperwork."

"Sounds boring."

"It is but I don't mind."

     Eddie moved closer to him until he stood behind the koala. Buster felt tense once the sheep made his presence close to him; he could feel the hot air behind him whenever the other took a breath. Buster just continued looking at his papers as his hands became sweaty from the tension of what the sheep was going to do. Eddie finally moved and placed his hands on both shoulders of him. Eddie's hooves moved in circular motions. It was nice, but very out of character for Eddie to do.

     When he couldn't take it anymore, Buster asked, "Uh, Eddie? What're you-?"

Eddie cut him off with, "Shh, you worry too much. You are very tense; I just want to help you."

"Uh, I-I mean, t-hank you, Eddie, but uh-" He fidgeted around and started to squirm in his seat.

     The sheep turned the koala around in his desk chair. Eddie took hold of Buster's face. The older male was left wordless at the affectionate display. The younger leaned down close to his face before speaking.

     "You are real cute, Buster."

     Eddie leaned down to press those soft lips against his own-

     Buster woke with a start and ended up hitting his head roughly against the top of the desk he slept in. Daylight broke into the crack of his sleep space and his eyes needed a moment to adjust to both the light and the dazed feeling he got from hitting his head. He rubbed at the sore spot on his head and checked the time. 9am... he thought, not necessarily paying attention to the numbers thereafter. He rolled over onto his back and thought the dream over. Is this what my life has come too? Inappropriate dreams about my friend?... Doing such things to me?... In my office? Buster shook his head away from the dream.

     "Boy, I am lonely. Eight years is all it takes for me to suddenly become a goddamn pervert..." He thought aloud.

     Buster sighed. He had hoped all thoughts about the kiss from last night would go away but they didn't. Buster was still thinking, kept replaying the moment and how it was. How it had felt. It felt good. For what seemed the hundredth time, Buster shook his head. He quickly dressed and emerged from the drawer to sit at his desk. There would be no iguana greeting him today for she took the day off to go on a date Johnny had suggested. Even Mrs. Crawly is meeting people... Buster set his hands and head upon his desk. His finger traced small patterns across the wooden surface. He thought back to the conversation he had with Eddie about getting an apartment. He pulled out his phone and looked at his bank account; never before had Buster had so much money that he needed a bank account. And never before was Judith so happy to open an account for him and even give him a credit card. He decided he would do it. He went into his contacts to call Eddie but then quickly decided to forgo calling the sheep. One reason was due to the fact Eddie would not be awake at this time and the second reason was that he got a pang of anxiety when reminded of the events of last night. So instead, he pulled out his laptop (also recently bought) and searched for complexes nearby. He then started searching for furniture. Then a new bike, then suits, then shoes... Soon enough, Buster had exhausted two hours just browsing stores nearby. Buster never once spent his money frivolously and, while the window shopping online was fun, he decided to make the shopping trips spread out. Today his focus was to get a new bike and check out some apartments. Buster grabbed his jacket and headed out onto the streets of the city. He walked for a bit until he reached a bus stop. While waiting he heard a pair of wheels come towards him and looked over and saw a gorilla on a skateboard.