It's in Your Eyes

Zack felt like throwing himself off a cliff.

Why did he ever agree to this in the first place? All he wanted to do was get out of high school in one piece and then kick some Pre-Law ass at Harvard, but now he'd somehow become an international pop/R&B sensation who was doubling as a fucking superhero.

What the actual fuck?

And this time he was tied to a chair by some superpower-proof chains, rendering his super strength and even his handy ability to make things disappear utterly useless. Goddammit, evil scientists made the worst villains.

"Can't say I'm surprised that you aren't putting up much of a fight, pretty boy," a familiar, raspy voice rang from the shadows. "You never were the struggling type."

Junior came lurking out of the shadows with his signature sadistic smile playing on his features and the fingers of his right hand toying around with a sharp blade. Junior's civilian get-up of simple black jeans and forest green T-shirt made Zack want to roll his dark brown eyes. In his humble opinion, the boy belonged in a straight jacket.

"What can I say? Guess I like bein' tied up," Zack replied with the most nonchalant shrug he could manage. "The hell you doin' here, Junior? Your dad makin' you do all the boring stuff again?"

The supervillain's spawn only laughed shortly before swinging both his legs over Zack's lap so he was sitting on the hero sideways, his right elbow resting on Zack's collarbone for support. Zack shifted uncomfortably with a bob of his Adam's apple.

"I wouldn't call this boring, would you?" Junior chuckled as he ran the fingers of his left hand across Zack's chin. "If anything, this is probably the highlight of my week."

"Thanks for makin' me feel special, babe, but you ever heard of personal space?" Zack quipped as easily as he could for someone in his situation.

Zack felt something sharp graze along the skin on the left side of his neck, and he realized it was the blade Junior was playing with before.

Become a superhero, they said. It'll be fun, they said. Well, they never had to fucking do this shit themselves, so he shouldn't have listened.

"Personal space," Junior hummed as he continued to lightly glide the blade across Zack's skin. "Now, that's a little boring, don't you think?"

If boring meant comfortable, Zack was all for it.

"My friends are comin' soon," Zack warned weakly, although he knew it wouldn't do any good.

"Oh, of course they are, sweetheart. No doubt about it." Junior chuckled lightly, his smile as crazy as ever and his ocean blue eyes twinkling with amusement. "This wouldn't be a WarZone kidnapping if they weren't. I just wanna have some fun before they come. Will you let me have my fun, baby?"

No. But Zack didn't say anything because he preferred the blade outside his throat, you know?

Without a single warning, Junior's right hand took a handful of Zack's dark brown hair and pulled down, placing his lips near the superhero's ear.

"You've been a very bad boy, War," the villain's spawn whispered with a slight sing-song, fingers still dancing along the hero's chin, "and I'm not very happy about that."

Zack responded with a scoff and an easy smile. "Oh, really? What you gonna do about it?"

Junior smirked as if he was ready for the challenge and swiftly shifted himself on Zack's lap so he was straddling the young hero. He fiddled with his blade once again before slicing through the strong fabric at the neck of Zack's all-black WarZone stealth suit, so the boy's collarbone was accessible.