XXXXI ~ The Darkness's Flower

Greek mythology up ahead (cause I like it to much. Oops. #sorrynotsorry.

Gods, she was beautiful. I watch her as she roams around the garden. Her eyes of barley dance over the dark plants and crystal flowers. Her copper hair flows in the breeze as does her dress.

Her dress, tight around her torso and releases around her waist, gently flutters in the wind. The ombré blue ripples into the purple at the top of her elegant toga.

She's the only thing bright down here. Here, the skies are red and littered with the mystical monsters that have been created. The plants are black as are the waters of the rivers.

But... in her wake, actual flowers spring through the dirt. They are bright, colorful. A small laugh escapes her lips. A ghost of a smile graces my lips.

"Hades," She calls to me. "Come here! Look at the flowers."

I glide down the steps and over to where the new growth forms. But, immediately as I step foot within a one foot radius, the all die. I wince when a frown passes over Persephone's face.

"Why does that happen?" She ponders.

I sigh and play with the dark toga filled with all the tapped souls I have on.

"I am the god of death." I explain simply

She glances at me and nods.

"It's a shame, really. The other gods casting you down here."

I shake my head.

"I didn't want to be with them anyways."

Persephone scoffs and crosses her arms. Uh oh.

"Well, I want to be with them. I'd like to be with my mother, Demeter." She says coldly.

I sigh and look up.

"Even if I could, I wouldn't let you leave. And if I wouldn't, it's not like you could. You ate the pomegranate, you stay here for eternity." With me.

She throws her arms in the air.

"It's your fault that they make you want to eat them!" Persephone accuses me.
"No, that's they're in fault. I don't make them like that." I defend myself.

She looks up and huffs. Then her lip begins to quiver.

"I'm a goddess," Persephone says quietly. "I should be able to leave."
"That's the problem, darling. You're a minor goddess. You're not strong enough."

Golden tears begin to streak down her soft cheeks.

"I just want to go home. I want to see my mother." She sobs.

I crouch down next to her and run a hand down her back.

"You know, Persephone, your mother can always come down here." I say.

She looks up and shakes her head, making the copper ringlets bounce.

"She wouldn't ever come down here."

I smile a little.

"I think we can change that."

A small smile graces her lips.

"Thank you, Hades."

She stands and a flower rises from between her finger tips. Persephone offers it to me. Regardless of my power, I take it anyways. But, it doesn't die when I touch it. I look up at her in awe.

"An eternal flower for my eternal stay." She says warmly.

A wide grin passed over my face. An eternal flower for her eternal stay.

•••

WHEN I SAY VOL- YOU SAY TRON-! VOL-

Uh, Voltron?

No! The cheer goes, when I say vol- you say tron-. Ready? WHEN I SAY VOL- YOU SAY TRON-! VOL-

...Voltron.

We'll work on it.