Chapter 1

"Can you please get your sister?" I asked Alex who had just entered the kitchen with his twin brother, Nicky right behind him.

"Would you please? Your mother here bought her some candy and she doesn't want to stop running around!" My wife Demi laughed pulling out hamburger buns and fruit from grocery bags.

I went over to the window and peeked over to see where Adriana was. Alex did the same and chuckled when he saw his little sister kicking a soccer ball around the backyard.

"Well, I couldn't say no. She gave me a pout and batted her eyelashes!" I exclaimed. "She was like a mini you!" I said to Demi.

The family grew over the past year, an Demi and I couldn't be more thankful. The twins, Nicky and Alex who were now sixteen and driving us up the wall, our nine year old, Adriana who is always by our side, and our last set of twins (hopefully), Natalie and Aidan who turned five a month ago. The house is sometimes hectic, but we make it work.

"Dont you think its best to keep Adri outside till her sugar rush is gone?" Alex asked grabbing a strawberry that Demi began to chop up for the fruit salad. "I mean, remember what happened on her birthday."

For Adriana's birthday last year, Demi and I thought it was a great idea to get a eight year old a candy table. She was all over the place. It got crazy when she accidentally kicked her shoe and broke Demi's brand new car that I got her for our anniversary. Boy did she get in trouble with Dem.

"He's right." Nicky laughed. "Maybe this time she'll brake a window from the house, or another car."

"If she brakes another window, I swear Danielle. It won't be pretty." Demi laughed pointing a stern finger towards me. I lifted my hands in defense trying not to smile.

"She won't. We'll just keep a close eye on her. Alex? Did you invite Victoria for the BBQ?" I looked over at Alex and watched as he shook his head with a long sigh.

"And why not? She's a sweet girl." Demi asked with a curious smile.

"Mom, you know why! He's still in love." Nicky exclaimed. alex elbowed him softly, and grunted in annoyance.

Victoria was Alex's friend from school. She was a nice straight A student who was well mannered. Also, she was beautiful. But knowing Alex, he was still in love with his best friend's sister. They moved away almost two years ago now.

"Son." I started. He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the refrigerator for support. "its been almost two years." he nodded.

"I know." He sighed. "I just really liked her."

"We know that! Everybody in their mothers knew that!" Demi laughed playfully punching his arm.

"Alright. Everyone should be here soon. I'll get the grill ready. Demi, you get the twins." I commanded giving her two juice pouches. "That will get the twins to listen to you." Nicky and Alex laughed at us before grabbing the juices out of my hands.

"We got it ma. They listen to us more." Nicky said seriously but with a hint of victory in his voice.

"Well, atleast we can worry about just the food." Demi sighed in content as the boys ran up the stairs.

Every year since the younger twins were born, Demi and I decided to throw a barbecue to invite the whole family. Like a small reunion.

"Dallas!" Demi exclaimed running towards her sister who entered from the backyard entrance. "I missed you so much!"

Dallas moved away a few years back to texas before the younger twins were born. Her and her now ex husband, Rob split before their third child was born, so she was left to take care of her three kids on her own. The oldest Emma who was older than the boys by two years, Christopher who was eleven, and Cassie who was eight. Dallas also met a guy who loves her and the kids so much. He also had his son who Dallas loved as her own. Roger.

"I'm so glad to see the both of you!" Dallas exclaimed wrapping her arms around Demi. She then opened an arm to pull me into the hug. "Where are my babies!" She asked letting us go and setting her bag down on a lawn chair.

"They're around." I chuckled looking for the kids. "They're hanging by the pool with your kids." We looked over and watched as the kids hugged and talked about who knows what.

"Not now!" We heard. I looked at the back entrance and saw Maddie, her Fiance Derek, and her son Benny.

Maddie was Demi's younger sister. She was the more laid back and relax type of girl from the three of them, who just loved to laugh. I guess thats how she ended up with Derek. He made her laugh quite a lot during her high school years. Then in the beginning of her freshmen year of college, she came out pregnant. No one saw it coming.

She's a great mother though, she taught Benny that it was OK to be different, so he got a silver streak in his hair almost the shape of a lighting bolt on the side of his head where it was shaved. The other half was long enough to cover his ears.

"My baby sister!" Demi laughed poking Maddie's cheeks. "look at you!" Demi pulled the younger girl for a hug and squeezed as tight as she could.

"Hey Benny. If you want, the cousins are by the pool." I told him before hugging him. He then hugged Demi and Dal and raced down to the pool to meet the kids.

"Ain't that a nice picture?" Derek chirped about the kids.

"Right? I think its nice to see them all together!" Maddie exclaimed wrapping an arm around Derek's torso.

An hour within the barbecue, Eddie and Diana, Demi's parents, walked in yelling happily to see us all again. It was now rare when we saw them since all their kids left the nest, there wasn't much for then to do at home. So they began to travel together around the world.

"I see you look good!" I turned around to be faced with my best friend Jennel, her wife Destiny, and her two Kids Amanda and Matthew.

"Hey! I didnt think you were coming!" I exclaimed pulling my best friend to a really tight massive hug. I haven't seen her or the family in almost a year.

"We just got back in town this morning. We couldn't dare miss the barbecue." Destiny laughed as I leaned towards her for a hug.

"Aunty Dan! Look my braces!" Matthew exclaimed holding out his hand towards his face so I can get a better look at His brackets.

"Oh wow! They look good on you!" I smiled and lightly tapped his nose. He mumbled an I know and I tried so hard not to laugh. "How's Emma?" I asked as she ran to hang with the kids.

"For an eleven year old, she's a handful." Jennel sighed rubbing her temples.

"She's going to be twelve in a week or so and she's already giving us teenage shit." Destiny groaned wrapping an arm around Jennel.

"Ooo! You said shit!" Mathew exclaimed pointing a finger towards Des. "Shit!"

"Matty!" Demi giggled pretending to sound shock as she walked towards us. She wrapped an arm around him and pinched his cheek.

"Matty, go with your sister please!" Jennel pleaded almost getting on her knees.

"Fine. Aunt Dem, please remove your arm, I'm not wanted here." He sassed and walked off giving a small glare with his nose up in the air like he was smelling something.

"He's changed!" Demi said trying not to laugh.

"He hangs out with his sister and her friends to much. He's a sassy nine year old." Jennel rolled her eyes and waved him off as he pretended to whip his hair at us.

*

a/n: first chapter for the continuation... how was it? i wanted it to be years later.