[PROLOGUE]

Danielle's POV

"JOHANNA!!!!!!!!HURRY!!!" I screamed from the top of my lungs.

" WE'VE GOT TO GO!! COME ON!!"

It wasn't until that moment that I realised Beetee was unconscious and slung over Johanna's back.

"Why is Beetee with you I thought he was-"

"Yeah he WAS suppose to blow up the arena but I found him unconscious by the lightning tree" Johanna said.

"But I thought Finnick and Peeta were with him?? Where's Finnick??"

I then began to panic; Finnick would never leave anyone on purpose, let alone Beetee.

"Danielle we had strict orders to get as far away from that tree as possi-".

" THAT WAS WHEN WE KNEW THE ARENA WAS GOING TO BLOW UP!! BUT IT HASN-"

That's when everything fell apart. Both me, Johanna and Beetee were flung in different directions, and the arena began to collapse.

Everything was pure chaos, I couldn't hear a thing or so I thought...

"DANIELLE GET YOUR FAT ASS UP WE'VE GOT TO MOVE!!!!!! IT'S NOW OR NEVER!!!!! LET'S GO!!!!" Johanna screamed.

I stood up as quickly as I could and began to run after Johanna. How she could move that fast with another human being on her back I do not know, all i knew was that we were either going to make it or we weren't.

"DANIELLE WERE ALMOST THERE COME ON! I CAN SEE THE HOVERCRAFT ALREADY!!!".

We headed straight towards the hovercraft and were within meters of the ladder, destined to pull us to safety when all hell broke loose.

"JOHANNA LOOK OUT!!!!!!" Before I knew what I was doing I pushed Johanna out of the way.

"DANIELLE!!!!" Johanna screamed. I was still alive I knew that, but I couldn't move the bottom half of my body.

"Johanna I think I may be stuck, I can't move my legs".

"NO THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!!" Johanna started to yell.

"DANIELLE IM NOT LEAVING YOU!!!". "I don't think you have a choice; there is nothing in this place that will move whatever the hell I'm trapped under, and I am not letting you jeopardize what everyone has worked so hard to achieve!!"

I began to raise my voice now with tears threatening to appear.

"THIS IS THE REBELLION JOHANNA, AND THEIR IS GOING TO BE SACRIFICES, WHETHER YOU LIKE THEM OR NOT!!"

I was full on crying now half due to the pain i was now feeling in both of my legs and the other half dreading what was to come.

"DANIELLE YOU STAY STRONG FOR ME OKAY?! I WILL COME BACK FOR YOU AND SO WILL FINNICK!!".

And then without hesitation Johanna did something I thought she would never do, she planted a single kiss on my forehead.

I didn't know what to say all I did was nod, and with that, she left with Beetee still slung over her back.

My mind then began to get clouded with thoughts of Finnick.

Was he alive??
What if he hasn't made it??

What if he is stuck like me somewhere in the arena??

No!! I cannot afford to think like that, but what if I never see him again??

That was the last thing I remember before it all went black.