Chapter 12

After what he assumed would be 24 hours Deucalion finally came down to the basement and Derek squinted at the sudden light from the door opening.

"I would have came sooner Derek, but I just felt it would be better to talk to you a few days after kidnapping you. I figured you would be more co-operative." Deucalion explained calmly walking over to him. Wait, it's been a few days?

"You said if I came alone that you would let Peter go, where is he?" He asked sternly not taking his eyes off the older man who stood in front of him fiddling with his cane.

"Yes, I did and I honestly wasn't expecting you to come alone. I bet Scott wouldn't have liked this plan." He responded and Derek shook his head.

"Scott doesn't know." He replied and the alpha raised his eyebrows in shock. "Let Peter go."

"I will let Peter go, but you have to do one thing for me." He said and Derek suddenly had a bad feeling about this.

"I know you and y/n are together." He began to say before pausing for a moment. "Which is surprising as the amount of times I tried getting with her, she kept refusing, so what makes you so special?" He asked, but Derek didn't respond which only makes the alpha angry.

"There's a rumour going around that you two are mates, is that true?" He asked, stepping closer to the chained up beta.

"Why the hell would I tell you that?" Derek responded with a growl and Deucalion laughed.

"So it is true." He said with a grin. "When I let you go I want you to break up with y/n. Destroy that mate bond you have and then only then will I let Peter go and you will have my word that no harm will be caused to your pack."

"Fuck you." Derek spat and the last thing Derek saw was Deucalion's fist before everything went black.

------------------------------------------

It's been three days since you woke up and Derek had left. Three whole days and the pack wasn't even close to finding where he is. The only good thing was that Lydia hadn't screamed indicating that he wasn't dead and not gonna be dead, so that was good.

"How you holding up kiddo?" Your dad asked as you walked into the Sheriff station dropping off lunch for him. You told him what happened, but Scott and the rest of the pack didn't think it was a good idea to get the authorities involved which you agreed on too.

"Alright." You answered handing your dad the sandwich you picked up from the local shop.

"You know you can stay at our house for a while if you want, Stiles sure wouldn't mind." He suggested and you smiled, but shook your head.

"Thank you dad, but I don't want to leave Isaac alone at the loft. Derek was his alpha and even when he lost his powers, Isaac still came to Derek for everything. I don't want him to be alone especially since Deucalion might be out there somewhere." You replied and your dad nodded in understanding. "Anyway, I better go. I promised Stiles I'd pick him up from school since his jeep wouldn't start this morning, he doesn't want to ride on the back of Scott's motorbike again." You said with a laugh, giving your Dad a hug before you left, heading for the school.

——

"Thank you!" Stiles shouted as you pulled up in front of the school. "Do you know how much Lydia and Allison paid me out for riding on the back of Scott's bike to get to school?"

"I could only imagine." You said with a laugh as Stiles got in. "Scott or Deaton found anything to help find Derek?" You asked still shocked Derek broke his promise and left you to go after Deucalion.

"Not yet, but Scott isn't giving up trust me, he's a stubborn man." Stiles said and you nodded putting your car in gear, heading towards the loft while you told Stiles you would help him with his chemistry homework.

"Alright, I have a homework sheet about combustion for chemistry and also a maths-" Stiles started to explain when you suddenly hit the breaks and luckily for you there was nobody behind you.

"Derek's hurt!" You shouted and Stiles, who was still confused on why you suddenly braked, looked at you with even more confusion. "I can feel it, something inside me I know he is being hurt! I think it's got something to do with our mate bond."

"Shit." Stiles muttered pulling out his phone.

"Scott! You and Deaton better find something quick y/n said that Derek is hurt. I don't know... she said through some mate bond she can sense... it- it doesn't matter we just need to find him soon, please." Stiles instructed, hanging up his phone in frustration.