Part 6

bill woke up the next morning, hoping something had actually happened but no. Bill sighed in disappointment

"of course" Bill grumbled quietly to himself 

he swam up to the surface, near the edge where Ford had dropped him off but there was no Ford in sight, he must still be working. Bill stared around, unsure what to do and still feeling disgruntled by the lack of change by that potion. He saw a rock halfway above the water and had the strangest urge to sit on it, but he couldn't survive out of the water, maybe he could just dip his tail in the water. Bill swam over and hoisted himself onto the rock with his tail dipped in, this actually didn't feel bad. He leant back with his arms stopping himself from falling backwards and stared up at the bright blue sky with the sound of the waves and a light breeze blowing his blonde curls.

He relaxed there for around five minutes before he felt the strangest sensation in his tail. He looked down and fell back into the water in shock, instead of his tail there was a pair of scaly legs in the same colour as his tail 

"WHAT!?" Bill shouted, causing some birds in a nearby tree to take flight. This must be the work of the potion, Bill thought 

He picked up one of his new legs and brought it as close as he could for inspection.  The scales certainly felt like his and as he had already noticed the colour was the same but why had this happened now and not after he had drunk the potion, there must be a connection. Bill sat there, still holding his leg as he thought. Then it hit him.

just to make sure he was right, Bill stuck his legs back in the water and watched as they melded together to form back into his tail, he then took them out again and waited, as they dried they split back into legs again. This was perfect he could now be closer to Ford and still be his true self when he wanted.

"Hey, whacha do'in over there boy? stuck?" a voice from the bank called. 

Bill let out a shriek and looked wildly around and saw a man far away at the water's edge, wearing a green hat with brown hair and seemingly no visible eyes, he had seen this guy here before, he must work by the lake. 

"I ugh um..I'm fine..." Bill said as he started to hide behind the rock, even if he looked near enough human, he was still nervous about them finding out about him and doing who knows what, he had heard stories like of them eating his kind or experimenting on them. 

the brown haired man nodded, looking (i think) puzzled and turned to leave. Bill watched him go and sighed in relief. Bill then swam to the shore, intent on finding fordsy...where was his house again. Bill chose the most familiar direction after his tail had turned into legs again and immediately fell over, it took quite a few stumbles and falls before he got the hang of walking and how different it was being out of water, there was so much more gravity and these weird flesh sticks were much harder to use then sixer had made it seem. 

It then occurred to Bill that sixer usually wore things on his legs and bill was currently wearing nothing. He looked around and decided that this land seaweed would have to do for now. After successfully wrapping the plant around him, he set off again to what he hoped was Ford's house. 

"I HATE MOVING THESE STUPID MEAT STICKS!" bill yelled with his cheek pressed against the dirt, he had started crawling after he got way too tired, he had only been walking for ten minutes but for Bill, it was like ten years 

than a ray of hope and joy shone, Ford's house was finally in view, with a new burst of energy he ran clumsily to the door and smacked right into it and crumpled to the ground. Ford heard the loud bang from the door and quickly went to investigate, he opened the door to see a dazed man lying in a heap at his doorstep that looked like Bill with legs.

"what?"