Chapter 1: Leaving

Chapter 1: Leaving 

He runs his hands up the sides of my body, tracing my outline on the sheets. "You're beautiful."

I smile up at him, "You're handsome."

Gannon ducks his head and kisses me. "I'm so glad I found you, my mate."

I wind my leg around his waist, trying to pull him down on top of me. "I want you. Please."

"As you wish," Gannon says with a smirk.

He rubs his hard-on against my pussy, making me twitch and my hips buck hard against him. He slides against my cl!t and I moan in his ear. Finally, he slides inside of me, filling me up.

"Yessss." I hiss into his neck. He kisses my cheek and down my throat, getting to the place where my neck meets my shoulder. He licks and nips at the skin, making marks that I know will stay.

He moves his hips slowly and smoothly, stroking the fire that is building inside of me. "I can't wait to mark you."

I moan in response, moving my hips with his, trying to get him to go faster.

He chuckles against my neck. "Faster, my love?"

"Yes, please." I beg. I slide my tongue against his earlobe, tasting him, sucking on it then grazing my teeth against it. At the feel of my teeth, he bucks hard. I giggle and do it again, making him thrust hard against me. I move my mouth to the column of his throat, licking up and grazing my teeth down.

He moans something unintelligible in my ear, f*cking his hips harder into me. I can feel my stomach tightening, the orgasm building higher and higher. My legs are bound around his waist, trying to pull him even closer, making his pelvis rock against my cl!t with every motion. I bite into his neck.

"I'm coming," he breathes into my ear, his hips bucking erratically. I feel his cock swell and spurt inside of me and I let go, falling apart with him buried inside of me. He lays on top of me for a moment, both of us panting before he rolls on top his back, pulling me on top of him.

"If you're going to say good-bye like that every time, maybe I won't mind you leaving," I tease Gannon, lying panting on his chest.

Gannon snorts, stretching out farther on the bed.

I sit up and look at him, studying the arch of light blonde eyebrows framing his ice-blue eyes. I reach my hand up to rub it against his rough cheek. I bite the inside of my cheek to keep back the tears.

Gannon strokes my hair. "It's only for a week, love."

I flop onto my back. "Yeah, a week of you patrolling borders with the Alpha when your sworn duty is to lay down your life for his."

Gannon rolls on top of me. "Between Townsend and I, no one stands a chance. Do you think I will lose a fight?"

"No," I whisper, threading my fingers through his gold hair. "I'm sorry. I worry about you. I want you to be safe, not Alpha Princeton."

Gannon growls at me. "Christine!"

"It's true!" I huff. "It's not fair that Änna-"

"-Luna," he corrects me.

"-Luna Änna doesn't have to worry about her mate. You and Townsend will take all of the hard-"

Gannon cuts me off by placing his hand over my mouth. "Christine, I know you are upset and worried but you are dangerously close to saying something you will regret."

I humph under his hand.

"Besides," Gannon continues, "Alpha Princeton has been very generous to both of us. And think of how devastated Änna would be if anything happened to him. Think of what would happen to the pack."

Gannon moves his hand off of my mouth and plays with one of my curls. "Princeton has been a brother to me, I respect him deeply and I am honored to be his Beta. But believe me, I want to come home to my mate most of all."

I lean to peck him on the lips. "I'm sorry, Gannon. I'm afraid."

"I know, my love." Gannon smiles down at me. "Once the problems at the South border are taken care of, Alpha Princeton, Townsend, and I will return to our boring desk jobs."

I return his smile. "Please be careful."

"I promise." Gannon leans down and kisses me senseless.

************************************************************************************************

The next morning, Änna and I wait at the bottom of the steps for the boys to finish their debriefing in the Alpha's office. Änna slides her arm through mine and I can feel her trembling. Neither of us speak, lost in our thoughts and worries until the door opens and five men troop down the stairs.

Alpha Princeton is an intimidating sight, all broad shoulders and dark, moody eyes with jet black hair falling messily over his forehead. He makes a beeline for Änna and gives her a quick kiss and a smile which softens his face significantly. Änna smiles back and pushes a lock of hair off of his forehead.

"Good morning Christine," he says with a nod in my direction.

I duck my head. "Good morning Alpha."

He steps back from Änna to gesture at the two men I don't recognize. "Ladies, I would like you to meet your security detail for this week. Edinboro will be assigned to Änna," Princeton gestures at a tall wolf with a military haircut.

"And Grover will be with Christine." I make eye contact with the lithe man with dark curly hair. He smiles at me and I give him a weak smile in return.

Princeton pulls Änna into his arms and kisses her hard before pulling back to whisper into her ear. Änna bites her lip hard and I can see the tears welling up in her eyes as she nods to him. He hugs her hard and kisses the top her hair before letting go and turning for the door. "Let's go Betas."

Princeton stops in front of me. "I promise I will keep your mate safe," he says quietly.

"Thank you." I whisper. "Good luck."

Princeton gives Änna a last glance and walks out the door.

Gannon grabs me into a quick embrace and kisses me hard. He pulls away and buries his face in my neck. I make eye contact with Grover who offers me a sad smile.

"I'll see you soon," Gannon says and then they are gone, the door closed and Anna and I are left staring at the door.

A/N: Hi darlings, for some reason, this first chapter disappeared from Wattpad?? Not sure what happened there! Nothing new or changed about this chapter, just re-uploading it!