The Clace... sorry, Clave

She missed Simon, there was no doubting that. But he hadn't been in danger since they all returned, and wouldn't be, he wasn't a part of her life anymore, she couldn't cause him any more grief, despair, as there was no supernatural loss that he could now receive. But she still missed him like mad. That was to be 'expected' though.

The Clave still didn't know what to do with Jonathan, he was staying with Clary, Luke and Jocelyn, Jace visited as often as he could, they'd only been back a week, the cold peace currently being written, after all Fae beings refused to cooperate and betrayed the Shadow world. Magnus was fine, and still the warlock representative on tente Council. The Lightwoods were being closely monitored by their father, Robert Lightwood, the Inquisitor. Without the threat of the Dark Ones, life seemed pretty boring, no missions to plan, sneaking out to do. Clary had more time to spend with Jace now.

"The Clave are meeting today," Jocelyn looked at Luke, "to discuss Jonathan."
"They can't send him to the City of Bones. His demon blood was what made him bad, that's gone now. He's good again, surely they could see that?"
"It's not that simple Clary," her brother added, it felt weird to say 'brother' after so long of not having one, or the knowledge of one, "the things I-" Clary gave him a warning stare "Sebastian did, the amount of Shadowhunters killed, the amount of new orphans," her mind wondered to Emma Carstairs, the small blonde girl with a feisty heart and a thirst for revenge, to find out about her parents, how she now was going to be Julian Blackthorn's parabatai just so that she didn't have to leave her best friend, or the people that she's grown up with, of Mark Blackthorn, Jules' older brother, whom they saw on the way to hell, a new, unwilling member of the Wild Hunt, of Gwyn ap Nudd's band of followers, hunting souls from battles past and present. Of Helen Blackthorn, sent to Wrangle Island, to study wards until she could be 'trusted'. This was just two families, what had Sebastian done to others? "The amount of new weapons needed, how many ascendants will be needed to add up to the loss, it's hard to forgive that type of destruction, Clary"
"The fact that you can admit what you've done, is that not enough proof that you've changed? Sebastian wouldn't have cared, he would've just got on with it, not thinking about the concequences, now or later."
"Clary, it's not that simple I'm afraid." Luke, the Shadowhunter turned Werewolf still hadn't got over the loss of his sister, who was killed when the Endarkened died, Amantis, the same person who'd helped Clary when she fell in Lake Llyn, But Luke still hasn't tried to murder Jonathan yet, he offered him kindness instead. If the Clave did that, then Jonathan could come back to New York, and live in the Institute. Somehow she had to tell the Clave that, make them see her point, to see Jonathan the way she did, if only they knew how they got out of Hell, how it was Jonathan who summoned Asmodeus, who provided them with a way out, Clary wanted to hate him for the fact that her best friend wouldn't remember who she was if they ever met again. Clary would do anything to have her best friend back with her now, but hating her brother, the one thing that she'd wanted for ages, that wasn't one of them.

Jace saw a blur of red and gold coming towards him, to the front row of seats in the council chamber of the Guard, where Izzy, Alec, Magnus, Luke and Jocelyn were waiting, Clary and Jomathan sat down, Clary next to Jace. Jia Penhallow, the Consul, leaned over to mumble something in Robert Lightwoods ear, it was time for the meeting to begin.
Clary's fingers entwined with his, and for a second, he remembered just how lucky he was that they'd both gotten out of the other dimension alive, and not like Simon, who wasn't there beside Clary, in his usual spot. By the Angel he missed that clingy, useless mundane, his annoying habit to come in at the wrong time, just when he was about to say something to Clary. He'd been putting it off for weeks, but of everything went well today, if Jonathan was able to stay with them, then he'd say it tonight. The speach that he'd been planning for ages, the one that would change everything.