Chapter 12

"Sokka, I think we're far enough to put me down," Toph said.

"No, I got you a surprise," Sokka said without letting her go.

"You know I can still bend your butt off the ground, don't you?" Toph asked raising an eyebrow.

"But you haven't," Sokka said.

Toph turned her face away to hide the small blush on her cheeks as he finally stopped walking and he let her off his arms on the floor. She could feel the vibrations of a lot of people... "Is that a festival?" she asked.

"Yeah, sure those guys know how to party, I heard the Flame-Os are in town. But I hoped we could get something to eat," Sokka said rubbing nervously the back side of his neck.

He was nervous for some reason as she felt his heartbeat quickening. But she was surprised to find the same change to her own heartbeat. "Sokka, is that a..." date? She would ask but she shook her head and she said "Well if it is meat you're after, my nose tells me to go this way," Toph said pointing on the one side.

"I trust your nose,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone had gathered in the throne room. Zuko, Katara on his side, Azula, Iroh, Ursa, Suki, Ty Lee, all glaring over at Aang who was getting into the Spirit World to find that Spirit. Only Sokka and Toph were missing something that for a reason didn't surprise Katara.

Aang's tattoos finally started glowing. He had finally managed to enter the Spirit World...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me, Sokka? It's like we got completely away from the festival," Toph said.

"Do you trust me?" Sokka asked.

"No, I don't," She answered teasingly.

"Common, we're here," Sokka said.

She could feel a small lake some meters away and she could smell the pleasing scent of Fire Lilies. "Why would you think I'd like it here? It's so... girly," Toph said.

There was no other light around them except the moon that stood in the middle of the sky. Toph had grown and only that moment Sokka noticed that. She looked like... a goddess. Her hair loosely fell on her eyes and they kept tossing around from the small breeze. Sokka took a deep breath trying to calm his heartbeat knowing that she might have noticed it.

He snapped himself out of it shaking his head and he leaned on the ground picking one of the lilies. "Common, it's nice, here," he said handing her over the flower.

She took it and she brought up to her nose taking a deep breath, filling her nostrils with the flower's beautiful scent. She smiled "Okay, I admit it, it's nice," Toph said shrugging.

His heartbeat quickened even more. Toph smirked knowing what he wanted "You really are a chicken,"

Sokka let an annoyed sigh and he said "I guess I am,"

Toph slipped her hands from his chest to his neck cupping his face trying to imagine how he looked like. He slowly passed his hands around her waist bringing them closer

Toph sighed "Kiss me already!"

With no hesitation he cupped her right cheek with his arm, gently guiding her lips to his...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything turned out okay. The New Ozai Society's members had been silenced and locked. Aang managed to negotiate with the Spirit in the spirit world coming to an understanding. Katara would stay to the Fire Nation with Zuko and finally, Sokka talked to Suki about breaking their relationship. She surprisingly agreed. He had to admit to himself, he hadn't seen that coming.

Finally, the day when Aang, Sokka, and Toph would leave, came. They would return back to the South Pole to finish the Reconstruction Project. They all gathered at the Palace's garden where Appa was ready for takeoff.

Sokka hugged his sister tightly and briefly. "When should we come and pick you up?" he asked pulling away.

Katara looked happily at Zuko and then she turned at Sokka "We'll send a messenger hawk," she answered. She then hugged Toph.

"I'm really gonna miss you, sugar-queen," Toph said pulling away and punching Katara's shoulder.

Katara winced and she rubbed her shoulder as Sokka laughed passing his hand around Toph's shoulders.

"I'll miss you too," Katara said. She then turned and looked Aang. He awkwardly stood away from her.

"I'll miss you too, and I'm... I'm really happy for you two... I mean we are all happy and-" Aang tried to say rubbing the backside of his neck.

"Please continue talking, things aren't awkward enough yet," Toph said from behind while Sokka was hugging Zuko.

Aang seemed pretty uncomfortable. Katara just ignored her friend's sarcastic comment and she pulled Aang into a tight hug. He passed his hands around her waist for once again.

"Goodbye, Aang," Katara whispered in his ear.

"Bye, Katara," He said sadly pulling away. Zuko came from behind. Aang pulled him into a brief hug "Take care of her... for me," he said to Zuko as he pulled away.

"You have my word," Zuko said smiling at him.

Aang turned and looked at Azula. She had turned her back at everyone with her hands crossed looking away, as if she were upset to see them leaving. He walked towards her and he managed to touch her shoulder with his arm but he stopped. She didn't like people touching her and he didn't want to do something she wouldn't like.

Aang bit his lip and he said hesitantly "It was nice working with you, Azula,"

She looked at him and she just nodded turning her back again. Aang jumped on Appa's head using his air bending and before he was able to say something to start flying she interrupted him asking "When are you going to come back?"

Aang looked down at her, his eyes meeting hers. He smiled at her and he just answered "Soon," He forced his gaze away "Yip-Yip!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He hugged her from behind, passing his arms around her waist. She let her head rest on his shoulder as he pulled her hair to the one side and kissed her bare shoulder. "I'm so glad you're here," Zuko said.

Katara turned around facing him and smiling widely. She'd never felt so happy before... Yup, this was the right choice... She admitted. She slipped her hand from his chest to his neck cupping his cheek. "Me too," She said smiling.

Night had fallen and they were outside on the Fire Lord's balcony. He leaned forward kissing her with a tender heat, raising shivers along her body. His tongue teased her lips as he worked his hands around her body, without letting an inch of her untouched. The kiss deepened as she buried her fingers in his hair and he pushed her closer, forcing their bodies together.

He pulled away "I love you," Zuko said. His ragged breathing slowing down as his eyes met hers.

"This was... unpredictable," Katara said.

"What-?" He tried to ask but she schussed him kissing him deeply again. They both closed their eyes lost in the kiss. 

"This," Katara answered pulling away

"We should take this inside," he said picking her up.

Katara started laughing in amusement as his warm hands started carrying her inside. "Sounds like a plan,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here it is guys! This is the last chapter but is NOT the end. There's going to be a sequel (I don't have a name yet) because the situation is not over YET. But as you can see Zutara Week ended today.

Sorry for making mistakes and small chapters, I'm really focused on another fanfiction I had started long before this one [When Hatred Turned to Love (ZukoXOC)] if you're interested check it out.

And I've got a sob-song for Aang: My Heart Will Go on (without Katara) *giggle*

Thank you for your support!