Ch. 6 Confusion

Tom's PoV:

' "Your grandmother, Sophia May Arile- MacLaggen, was originally from the Ravenclaw bloodline. She met your grandfather, Ariel Mac Laggen, who happened to be the original heir to Gryffindor. They fell in love and married. Seeing as you are brilliantly intelligent, have a sharp mind, wise beyond your years, creative when need be, clever above else and witty as heck, you are definitely, a big part of the Ravenclaw bloodline. Yet you are also daring, courageous, nerving like Gryffindor, and cunning when need be, and resourceful like Slytherin. Last, but not the least you are dedicated to anything and everything you want, you are patient and loyal to those who are loyal to you, and you value working hard just like Hufflepuff." The woman said, sitting down on a white pew.'

He noticed that she was in what looked like King's Cross Station, back in London, the only difference was that it was by far cleaner than the actual station itself.

He suddenly felt the grip Anna had around his hand tighten as the vision changed. He began to feel the muscles on his entire body tighten with tension as he watched in awe what he believed to be her parents explain her linage.

'What does this mean? Is there another Heir of Slytherin? How many are there? He thought he was the only living member of the bloodline that still lived, aside from another male. How is it even possible that there could be more than one heir?!' He seethed.

'"My mother, Genica Marie Baker, was a part of the Hufflepuff bloodline. My father, Ariel James Riel, was a part of the Slytherin bloodline . That is why the sorting hat had such a hard time sorting you. You have a trait to most if not all of the houses. Your Aunt Grisha, was born a month before you were, nobody knew you were on the way. We hid you, out of fear and for your safety." He said, his eyes clouding over, pain reflecting off his eyes.'

Tom didn't know how to react, he realized that if he had never met Anna that all the bitterness, rage, and hatred he was feeling when he first got here was gone, and that there would probably be more than a few deaths here already at his hands.

Out of compassion, he did the only thing that he could in order not to hurt her feeling, he dropped her hand slowly onto her lap, stood from his seat and left the room biting his tongue so hard he tasted the metallic salty taste of blood, without another word or backward glance to the girl, who had been there for him when no else wanted to be.

(Right after Annamarie showed him what she saw).

**Back in Slytherin Common Room:**

Tom paced the length of the room, back and forth. He knew people were beginning to watch him, he ,however, failed to care, or see acknowledge them.

He hadn't realized that extent and strength of Anna's extra abilities. She, herself had told him about them their third year after she passed out suddenly in the courtyard on the way to one of the classes they shared.

That was the moment he realized what emotions truly existed aside from the anger he felt towards his mother, bitterness resentment towards his worthless scum of a father, and pain of being left alone all these years.

For the first time in his life he felt fear, when he saw her drop to the ground like an empty sack of potatoes; her face clammy and her pale skin.

Yet here he was feeling those emotions once more, and it angered him.

'She was an heir to all of the bloodlines here! How in the Merlin's bloody beard is that even possible?!' He thought, continuing his pacing.

Anger that had been bottled up inside of him was beginning to emerge once more.

He couldn't let it seep out, he wouldn't lose control over this. He had to be very careful until his emotions settled down.

He decided that distancing himself from everyone and everything as much as possible was the best option.

That was until he met her.

She had managed to turn his world upside down with just one smile thrown his way.

He shook his head in annoyed amusement as he made his way towards the boys' dormitories.

Tom proceeded to do so the next couple of weeks leading up to the O.W.L.S.

He ate only a small amount of food, enough to have energy to get through the day, and complete his studies.

He began studying more in the library, Slytherin common room, or his dormitory.

The only times he would see Anna was in the classes they shared, other than that, he had succeeded in distancing himself and keeping his emotions at bay.

Everything seemed to be going great until, a week after they took the mock O.W.L.S. much to his chagrined, the sixth year boy in Ravenclaw, confronted him about what had transpired between Anna and him the day before.

"Riddle." The elder boy called.

"MacLaggen." He replied uninterested as his 'friends' stopped flanking him.

"I need a word with you." The lanky, elder boy said through tight lips.

"I'm listening." He replied disinterested, leaning against the stone wall lazily.

"Look I realize you probably need time to process everything you found out the other day. But would it have killed you to at least say something to her? You left her in pieces the other night. You know, for having the highest marks in your year, you're rather daft." The Ravenclaw said, scowling down at him.

"What are you talking about, MacLaggen?" Tom asked him, confused.

He was sure that we he left Anna, he left without saying anything that he'd regret, as quickly as possible...

'Oh bloody hell!' He thought slamming his hands flat against the stone wall, as he realized how his actions must've looked to her.

"Looks like you're not as daft as I thought before." MacLaggen retorted, shaking his head. "Word of advise, if you ever want to go near her again. I advise you to think before you do anything stupid. I'm warning you now, if I ever hear that you made my niece cry again I'll make sure you know what pain is. No, on second thought, if I were you I'd stay away from her all together." He said, slamming him against the wall, causing his head to snap back in said process.

Before Tom, or any of the guys surrounding him, could do anything the Ravenclaw boy had already disappeared down the hall and into his class. Leaving Tom glaring in the boy's direction.

"Riddle, are you alright?" Dolohov asked.

"I'm fine. Go away and leave me alone." He commanded, walking away towards his next class, conspicuously rubbing the back of his aching head.