real life

✰ ✰ ✰
EIGHT
I R L

"COME ON HARLYN," the girl whispered to herself. Her heart was racing and her usual steady hands were shakier than ever. It was game point in the fifth set. 'Of course we have to win, I mean, Laura, Zendaya, and Tom are here' she thought. By the grace of God, they pulled it off in less than a minute.

"What a kill, Rose," Harlyn shouted after her teams cheers had died down. It had been a tough match and an even tougher win, after all.

"Thanks," she chuckled heading over to the rest of the team to shake hands under the net.

After everyone had left the gym—including all of the players—the two girls met up with the guys to try and find Laura. As excited as everyone was to meet Laura, no one could top how much Max was freaking out. After a few minutes of searching for the cause of Max's freakout, the group ended up outside the building.

"Guys, we're meeting Laura Harrier!" Max screamed and practically jumped on top of Rose.

"If we can find her first," Reed laughed.

Rose rolled her eyes before saying, "Don't be a prick."

"Hey, I wasn't."

"I'll just DM her to see where she is," Harlyn said and pulled her phone out of her gym bag to see a DM already glowing on her lockscreen. 'hey, we're all waiting in the lobby!'

"They're in the lobby," she said, putting her phone back in her bag with a sigh.

"Ugh, we have to go back inside," Reed groaned earning a slap on his arm from Rose. "Ow."

"That's what you get." Rose fake smiled at the brunette. They entered to see Zendaya and Laura talking to each other with slightly blushing Tom squished between them.

"Hey!" Laura greeted the quartet and hugged the girls, although they tried to resist. As Rose put it, "We don't wanna make you all smelly." Harlyn laughed and moved to greet Tom and Zendaya.

"I had no idea that you two were coming. I mean, Laura did say she was bringing friends but I didn't know she was talking about you two-"

"It's nice to meet you, too," Tom cut off the blonde's rambling causing a scarlet color to dust her fair cheeks.

"Don't forget about me, lovebirds," Zendaya said and Harlyn put my hand out for her to shake, but instead she pulled her into a hug similar to Laura's. Pulling back, Zendaya said a few words before to go talk to the rest of the friends leaving Harlyn alone with Tom.

"Oh, I never introduced myself. My name is Harlyn Grace," she awkwardly said.

"I know," Tom chuckled causing a confused look to appear on her face. "Oh, I didn't stalk you or anything. Laura just told me that we would be meeting you and Rose."

"Oh, that makes a lot more sense."

"Yeah," Tom said, scratching the back of his neck. An awkward silence fell over he couple.

"Hey guys, we were thinking about heading back to Rose's to hang out," Max said when he walked over to the two. Tom smiled at Harlyn as everyone began to exit the building. He ended up lagging behind with Zendaya when Harlyn dove into a conversation with Reed.

"What were you and Mr. Holland talking about?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"We were just making small talk."

"Dude, your small talk made him blush," Reed said and shoved his elbow into her side.

"It did not!"

"Whatever you say."