Getting to Know the Tributes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  There's a picture of X's shirt during the interview on the right side of the screen.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 (Karen's POV)

  Is it everyone else's fear I'm sensing or my own...either way I'm more nervous than I've ever been in my life. Which might not lost very long.

  I rub my fingers through my blood red curls so hard I thought I would leave bald spots, and pace around my room like a crazy person.

  My room is...I guess you could say gothic, it has a red curtain that covers the only window in the room making the small space look like it's the color of blood. My bed had black covers with red lace at the ends that stop when it touches the floor. Lastly I have a closest full of perfumes, clothes (mostly black and red, some blue), and accessories. I'm not really a fancy person, the perfumes are for meditation when my powers get out of control.

  It's not like I don't have control...I do it's just...whenever I'm around people I can sense their fears and emotions. Once their fears become mine they have no where to go but out.

  Only one thing has come out of having these powers I don't feel fear the way others do. It might be a good thing seeing as I'm going into an arena where fear will be your worst enemy.

  (Jason's POV)

  I sit next to my sister, X/Annabelle (she hates it when I call her by her real name), watching movies and eating over salted popcorn. Usually I have to beg X to watch movies with me, even after all this time she has problems letting people in.

  "X, what's wrong with you?" I asked

  She didn't reply, but I knew she heard me from the way X's finger nails dug into her palms.  

  "It's about the games right?" I asked trying to unclench her hand before she drew blood.

  She nodded weakly and let a tear drip off her face before trying to cover it up. X wasn't the person who you would catch crying or showing much sympathy. It was only around the people who she cared about and trusted that saw this side of her. The one that showed weakness.

  (X/Annabelle's POV)

  I hated tears more than anything, especially when I'm the one sheading them. The only person who I would ever cry in front of would be my brother, he's the only person who I really trust. Mostly everyone else has destroyed what little I gave them.

  "You know what I just want to left alone please," I said but it came out as if I was begging. Which in a way I was.

  I could feel my eyes start to change colors as well as my hair. It went from brown, to red, to dirty blonde, to black.

  "You know I really think you want me to stay," said Jason mockingly. "In fact you want me to stay so bad your going to create a couch for me to sleep on right here in your room."

  A smile tugged at my lips and a laugh was threating to break free.

  "Come on you know you wanna smile," he said lifting my chin up to look at him

  I wanted to make him quit touching my face actually, but he's my brother. If he was anyone else I would have smacked them.

  "I'm going to miss this," I mumbled

  "Yea," said Jason sadly, letting go of my chin. "But at least I got to know you for a little while...before this."

  (Lilleth's POV)