The Sun || Philip

"Who took my wallet?"

Menace. Lee had called him a menace. That word was new. Philip would have to look that word up in Eliza's dictionary.

Dictionary: a book or electronic resource that lists the words of a language and gives their meaning.

He liked that word, it was short, yet long. It made him feel smart, he was smart. That's what Mr. Washington said. He scrambled onto a stack of crates. The adhesive on his hands stuck to the rough surface.

Ouch

He felt something sharp snag onto his leg. It was wood.

Wood: the hard fibrous material that forms the main substance of the trunk or branches of a tree or shrub.

Philip remembered that one too. Wood grew on trees, wood kept him warm. Wood held up his tent, he liked wood.

"Oi, Philip."

"What?"

"Bring me down my wallet, or I swear I'll burn down your bloody tent with you in it" Philip gulped. It was Lee. He didn't like Lee. Lee was full of empty threats, threats are meant to be carried out, not bluffed.

"Are you sure this is your wallet? Because I'm pretty sure I stole it out of a woman's pair of pants. Do you also enjoy wearing lady underwear too?"

Laughter. Philip heard laughter, it wasn't from anyone he knew. The laughter came from a man in his twenties. Lee was in his thirties, his driving license said so. The man in his twenties had his long hair pulled back, it was- he had forgotten the word.

Dammit

Philip tapped his forehead trying to think.

"Curly!" He exclaimed. The man's hair was curly.

"What are you on about, I swear this kid is such a-"

"Freak isn't a nice word, Lee. If you weren't such a jerk I would have already given back your wallet." Philip grinned in a teasing matter. "You know what? Here, take it." he tossed the dark leather wallet down from his perch on the boxes. His leg was throbbing from the splinter, but he wouldn't let Lee notice.

"Thank you. Now go look back to your cave, you monstrocity." Lee turned and left. The curly haired man stayed.

Monstrocity. Lee liked using big words, Philip liked hearing them except when Lee used them. He liked it better when Eliza used them. Eliza used them to build people up, Lee used them to burn people down. Mr. Washington used big words too.

Drip

"Hey, kid. I think you're bleeding."

Philip was thirteen. That number meant he was no longer a kid, yet people still called him a kid. He was nearly an adult, so why did this person just call him a kid?

"I'm not a kid, and I'm fine. If you're looking for the show its down the road." His tongue licked his dry, bright, yellow eyes. The man on the ground took a couple of steps back and turned back towards the other tents. Philip winced as he hopped down from the wooden crates. The stranger was right, his knee was bleeding. The boy kept a hand on it as he waddled into to a soft blue stripped tent, Eliza's.

Empty

"Hello?" no reply. Philip groaned and looked around. There wasn't anything shiny enough to catch his interest, so he decided to go on a mission to find her, so he could ask for permission to use her dictionary.

"Alexander"

Philip rounded the corner of his tent when he heard a noise. It wasn't a very loud one, but it wasn't quiet either.

Creak

Philip walked past Alexander's red stripped tent and made a face. His tongue extended to his midriff.

"Nasty..." he put his hands over his ears to avoid the other sensual noises coming from do thing the red stripped tent. Alex and Eliza were at it again. He wasn't very surprised. Mr. Washington had already given him the talk when he turned thirteen. Philip never really understood why he had to hear it so early. He remembered wishing that his father had told him, but he didn't even know who that was.

It still needs to he edited, sorry!!