Let it be.

Taylor's POV
"Callie," I said in a raspy voice. "I don't like it here.... I'm scared."
"I know baby, it's only for a little while, we'll be fine."
Callie and I were in the basement trying to sleep, but heard our Foster father fighting with is wife. So we knew what was coming.

We soon heard footsteps coming downstairs. I was so scared, and I clung to my sister so tight. Having bruises from previous nights, I was sore and didn't want to get hit again.
"Get your butts upstairs and clean the damn mess!" He screamed at us.
Callie instantly got up and ran to the stairs, but I was so sore that I could barely move.
"So you think this is a game!" He screamed, coming over to me.
"Please Jet, I'm sorry!" I said, but it was too late. He already had his hands on me. He grabbed my hair and pulled me off the mattress and shoved me to the floor. I screamed in pain, but he didn't care.
"Get up!" He bellowed as he kicked me in my stomach.
"Get away from her! Let her go! She hasn't done anything to you! I cleaned the mess, just let her go!" Callie screamed.
"You got lucky." He growled, leaving the room, me still on the ground.

"Taylor are you okay?" Callie asked, rushing over to me.
"We have been in this house for two weeks, and I already have more bruises than the last house out together." I said, crying.
"I know. Let's just try to get some sleep, we have school tomorrow, I will keep you safe." She said helping me back up onto the bed.

The next morning, I woke up in pain. But I quickly got ready for school because it was the first day, and I was excited to get out of the house.
"Get out the door! You better not be late!" He yelled from upstairs.
"Are you ready Cal?" I asked softly.
"Yeah, let's go." She said grabbing my bag. We were starting a new school in the end of May, but it was all worth getting away from him... At least of a little while.

When we got to the school, me and my sister were in awe of the amazing view. There was a crystal blue ocean right in front of us!
"Oh my god, this is beautiful!" I said all giddy.
"Yeah, it's great." Callie agreed.

We walked into the school, and there was a curly haired woman waiting for us.
"Hey! You guys must be Callie and Taylor?" She waved us over.
"Yeah, hi." Callie said.
"So you guys are in 7th and 11th grade?"
"Yep." Callie answered simply.
"Great! I'm Lena, but you can call me Mrs. Adams Foster. I'm the vice principal here at Anchor Beach." Lena said.

Lena showed us to our classes. I had English first. It was kind of awkward, but I tried my best. The day seemed to fly by, and it was over quickly.
I met Callie by the front doors. We were walking out, but I wasn't looking where I was going. I bumped into someone.
"Ouch!" I screamed in pain as I hit the hard floor.
"I'm so sorry!" I heard a woman's voice, and looked up. A blonde cop stared down at me.
Callie quickly pulled me up, and tried to leave but the cop stopped us. She grabbed my arm where there was a bruised, and I flinched in pain.
"Are you okay?" She asked.
"She's fine!" Callie snapped, dragging me away.

We got back to Jets house and  cautiously opened the door.
"Oh my god! Finally! Where were you!" He growled.
"We- we uh got stopped. The vice principal wanted to give us our schedules and have a chat with us." Callie answered.
"Oh." He said getting up. "You better not get in a my trouble. I will kill you if I have to waist my time talking to one of your teachers." He grabbed my arm. It hurt so badly, I tried to get away but his grip was to tight.
"You forgot to clean the bathroom this morning." He got right in my face. My heart sunk.
He pushed me against the door and began slapping me in the face.
"Jet! Knock it off!" Callie begged. He didn't listen, and kept slapping me. It went on for what felt like forever. I eventually past out.

The next day I woke up downstairs. Callie was asleep next to me. It was 6:30, time for school.
"Callie, wake up." I said shaking her shoulder.
"Ugh! I hate mornings." She groaned rolling over and siting up. "Uh oh. You have a shiner.... We have to hide that." She said taking my face I her hands and kissing my forehead.
"I love you Callie." I smiled, giving her a hug.

We arrived at school and saw the cop again.
"Don't look at her, don't let her see your eye." Callie warned.
I was looking down, but as we approached her I didn't know where she was.... And bumped into her again.
"I'm so sorry!" I said, stumbling back.
"Oh no, we just happen to alway meet like this." She said with a chuckle. "So, I heard you two are in a foster home.... How are thing going? Bill told me about it." Bill was our social worker, so I was surprised to hear her say that.
"It's fine." Callie said quickly.
"That's good! What about you Taylor? How's it going?"
"Good." I mumbled.
"I'm glad to hear that." She smiled. "My wife and I used to be foster parents, so we know how tough it can be. But I'm glad you two are safe."
"Thanks." Callie said.
I looked up on accident and locked eyes with the cop. I knew she saw my black eye. My face immediately went back to the ground.
"Taylor, look up at me sweets." She demanded.
I refused. I didn't want her to see it. Callie grabbed my hand and tried to pull me away, but the cop stopped us again.
"Taylor, please look up at me." She repeated herself.
I had tears in my eyes. I didn't want her to find out. Jet would be so mad.... He would kill us. I again didn't look at her.
"Taylor..." She said, putting her hand under my chin.
I was expecting a hard pull, but it wasn't. My flinch made me way more suspicious. She lifted my head, and a tear fell.
"What happened?" She gasped.
"I uh-I ran into a door." I lied.
"I know that isn't true." She said more sternly. She looked at me, but wasn't mad.... She looked super nice. But I guess that was normal with new people.
"We should get to class." Callie said pulling me arm, and leading me towards the school.

I couldn't focus but the day still went by super fast. After school, I went to the front.... But didn't see Callie. I looked around and saw she was in Lena's office, and got worried. I slowly walked in.
"Callie?" I asked.
"Taylor, go home. I'm fine, please go home." She begged.
"Not without you!" I said.
She came over and gave me a hug, and also whispered something in my ear.
"If you show up late again.... He will probably kill you, so go." She warned.
I nodded and left the office.
I went outside, but didn't want to go back to Jet's. I hated it there. I couldn't do this anymore. I was tired of being hurt and felling unsafe.
I looked out to the water and realized I have never been to the beach before. I made my way over to the beautiful sand.

I walked to the water and put my feet in. It was nice and cool. It felt good on the bruises on my feet. The sand was warm so I laid down and accidentally fell asleep.
I was awoken by screamed. My heart sank to my feet as I recognized the voice.
"No!" I cried, wishing I had just done what I was told.

AN:
I hope you like the first part! Sorry for the cliff hanger! And I think I'm going to make it all Taylor's point of view, if you guys want me to change it up.... Or have any suggestions.... Comment below!