Recovery

Careful. The word I've heard for the past two weeks on repeat.

I am now on 24 hour watch. There is someone with me at all times.... when I eat, sleep, go to the bathroom. They are there.
The whole family takes turns. Two hours each. And I'm not allowed to do anything but lay on the couch and watch tv.

I have trouble sitting still, or getting up, so I have to be helped. If I'm in pain... I get helped. If I'm not.... I'm still being helped do something I can't do on my own. It's like I'm a.... baby.

Today was the first day I didn't wake up aching. I lifted my head.... no pain. I sat up, and it was sore.... but didn't hurt. I slowly stood up, and started to walk. It hurt a little, but was still mostly just sore!

I walked towards the kitchen where I heard my siblings eating and talking. When I walked in, it went silent.... like the first night I came.

"Taylor?" Stef said. "What's wrong? Do you need anything honey?"
"No... I just wanted to come eat with you guys." I said softly.
"Okay.... here let me help you down." She came over and walked me to my chair. "What do you want babe?"
"Oh, I can do it." I said getting up again. She immediately stopped me.
"No Love, take it easy. It's okay, I'll get whatever you want."

That night, Mariana was on duty. We just sat and watched tv.... her on her phone like always.

"Ugh!" She sighed. "What the heck!"
"What's wrong?" I asked carefully.
"Nothing...." she trailed off. I gave her the "oh really look" and she sighed. "You can't tell moms, okay?"
Oh this was gonna be good
"Oh of course not!" I said quickly.
"Okay," she whispered. "I'm sneaking out to go to a party tonight.... but they changed the time to 12am. So now I'm not going to get back until even later!"
A party? Hmmmm.... sounds like a great place for freedom.

After Stef and Lena had gone upstairs, I quickly changed from my pajamas into clothes I brought from downstairs, and brushed through my hair. I sat on the couch until 11:45, when I heard Mariana come downstairs.

"Ready to go?" I said as I met her at the door.
"What?" She whispered. "Hells no, I'm not taking you! If you got hurt again, Moms would bury me alive!"
"You know.... they would also bury you alive if they knew you were going out this late, and didn't tell them."
"Blackmail? Really Taylor?!" Her frown turned into a smile. "I've trained you well. Fine, You can come, as long as you promise not to go off with any randos... or drink."
I held up my right hand. "I swear."
"Alright... lets go. And I swear if you ever do anything like this again, I will duct tape you to a chair."

At the party, nobody was sober. I mean... except me. The second we got there, Mariana went off with her friend Kelsey.... and I was left alone.

I walked around for a little while until I found the backyard. Not many people were out there. There was a pool, and a couple chairs. That's also where the food was.

I was over eating some chips, when this girl came up to me.

"You look lonely." She said. She was super drunk.
"Oh, well... I guess." I laughed a little.
"Hey," She slurred. "Aren't you Callie's little sister? Didn't you get beat up or something?"
"Yeah.... yeah a little."
"Yeah... you've got to be more careful. Next time, they might not find you before it's too late."

I smiled and politely excused myself, and went to find Mariana.

She was in the living room, dancing. I squeezed my way through the crowd to get to her.

"Mariana!" I called out. She turned around to face me, and smiled.

She followed me to the hallway.
"I want to go home." I said softly.
"What! Go home? I'm just getting started!" She whined. She was drunk.
"Please! Let's just go, everyone's drunk anyway!"
"That's what makes it fun!" She said. "You can leave, but I'm not." She then turned and walked right back away.

By now, my back was starting to hurt really bad again. Oh my god, no it like.... really hurt. I wanted to go, but I was just too scared to go on my own. And I knew if I called Stef, I would be in so much trouble, and if they found out Mariana was drunk.... oh god.

After a while, I went into one of the bathrooms to hide, and from the window, saw POLICE LIGHTS. Shit. Someone called the cops.

I ran out to get Mariana and leave. When I found her.... she was dancing on a table.

"Mariana!" I cried. "We have to go! The cops are here!"
Even though she was drunk, her eyes got wide.
"Shit! Shit, Taylor! We have to go!"
She hopped off the table, and we both ran for the back door.

Big mistake. When we got to the fence in the backyard, we were instantly caught.

"Hey!" One of the cops called. "You two! Stop!" He ran over to us and grabbed Mariana and me by the arms. "Hey," He said recognizing us. "Aren't you Stef's kids?"
Mariana nodded.

Mariana and I were in the cop car driving home. Stef was going to be so mad at me. And I felt so bad that I talked Mariana into bringing me.

When we pulled up, my stomach dropped.
"Alright, let's go." He said.

I woke Mariana up, and got up of the car. The cop helped Mariana get out and walk, and I walked behind him.

He knocked on the door, and I wished that they wouldn't wake up. But soon enough, I saw a light turn on and the door open. Low and behold.... it was Stef.

"What's... whats going on?" She demanded once she saw us.

A/N
Oh god.... what has Mariana done!

New chapter coming soon!!!