Silouette

Look, those are just some of my good traits... I'm not going to go on and on about how perfect I am, or how perfect my life is because that's not who I am. I don't have a big ego, and it would be a waste of time boasting about myself.

I hold no reguard for myself.
I couldn't care less, infact.

Honestly, my life isn't that great, but everyone in the world doesn't need to know that. They wouldn't care anyway.

I clutched my left arm until it I could feel streaming blood flow through my fingernails... This is how I deal with things...
No one to comfort me...
I'm just by myself, like normal...

I sighed as I looked to the ground...
It wasn't always like this, but I can't remember when it wasn't like this...
Anything about being my past, happy self was a blur now.
All I knew was that I was a silhouette...
Merely a shadow...

Not even a presence.

...There was nothing to care about now...
I was alone...
I could practically taste my freedom...

"At last-" I breathed, but my words were ripped from me.

I heard a car...
No, a truck...
The first at midnight... On this particular road...
What could they possibly want?

I transformed into my wolf form and tried to rush into the trees that were besides me, but I couldn't...

I could feel the piercing tranquil dart hit my body, and I could feel the wind rush as I felt myself falling... I couldn't be numb, because, well, I already was.

That was when my freedom was ripped from me, just like that.
Again.
Freedom comes at a price, y'know.

You have to constantly fight for it.
No one is safe.

My body hit the ground...
I was still in my wolf form...

"You think we got 'em?" A gruff voice asked, obviously a hunter. I could tell from the voice... He probably was scrappy and hungry for meat...
But why wolf?

"Yeah, definitely." A female voice responded... "Capture her and throw her in with the rest of them."

"Wait, how do you know it's a her?" He asked her, obviously, she was his boss. She only stared at the trees...

"You learn a thing or two after hunting for a while..." She chuckled.
"Now go... Before the thing wakes up..."

I was thrown into a truck in a metal cage, along with other wolves, dogs, canines... They were all alive, barking, sweating, bleeding...

Their freedom had been swiped away from them as well.

...The next thing I know...
I'm in a fluffing, flip dang diggity, freaking orphanage!
One question: 'How the FLUFF did I get here?'
Okay, I had a lot of questions...

When I awoke, I was in a box...
It was super uncomfortable. Not because I'm tall and don't fit (I'm actually super smol...), but because boxes are just not the right thing to sleep in at night.

I was in my human disguise form...
So... Maybe that could lead me to why the fluff I am here?
Ugh, I almost had my freedom too.

I sighed softly and looked around me... My eyes darted back and forth... I saw that I was in the main room, y'know, the place where everyone enters...

I saw the front desk, and it had a human sitting in a chair, obviously not enjoying her job... As most humans don't...
I don't get it...
If you want a job, do what makes you happy, pursue your dreams. What's the point in living in misery?
Honestly, I don't get why humans can't do what they love...

If it's hard, well, yeah, I know.
...But that doesn't mean you stop fighting for it.

The human was sitting at a computer, typing things here and there, answering calls, etc.

The first thing I tried to do was escape.

...It didn't turn out so well...

I mean, I bolted out of the box, making no noise, but unfortunately the human saw me...
And, well, they had freaking body guards...

I sat in my box, not amused with anything around me.
Okay, I didn't plan to be thrown in an orphanage.
I was planning to reach for the stars.
I was planning to chase my dreams...
But in this place, I couldn't really do that...

And for a moment, just a tiny moment, I understood why the humans waited here...
They were brainwashed from the starstruck reality of their stellar brains... There was so much to wonder, but yet, they had forgotten about every single piece of thoughts and fantasies that they had imagined.

...But to them, they were just mere fantasies...
And to them, they're not real anymore.

But to me, and to everyone else who still believed, it was just the painful truth...
This was reality.

"I wouldn't try getting out of that box, y'know... I'll call security again." The female voice said, not taking her head away from her computer.

"Yeah? You just gave me all of the power to get out of the box! Stupid human, I'd like to see you walk away from that computer and chase your dreams for once." I muttered, staring coldly at the human...

The human got up and went into the lounge where they ate and watched T.V.

'How idiotic can they get?' I wondered quietly to myself. She left me alone...
Bad fluffing idea, human.

She trusted me that much already? Oh, how freaking lovely and sweet. Thanks a lot, human.
I appreciate it.

I began planning how I was going to get out, when all of a sudden, a female voice came into my head.

I snapped back into reality, and turned to the left, where the noise was coming from. I saw a girl with cat-eyed glasses, black hair, brown eyes and a wolfish grin...

She would be known as my best friend, Crystal.