Chapter 6

Connie walked home in the pouring rain, Jean by his side. The two lived close together and walked home with eachother every day. Connie had pulled the hood of his jacket over his head, but it was already woaked and provided no protection from the elements. Jean was having the same problem, his backpack was soaked through too, any books or homework were damp at the least.
      The rain made it difficult to see, and they ended up throwing the dice on which direction to go a couple of times. Eventually, Connie had to admit that they had taken a wrong turn somewhere along the line (not the first time) and that they were not anywhere near where they lived at all. He was pretty sure he was on the street Mikasa lived, considering the dozens of mansions that were on each side of them.
     Eventually Jean spoke up.
     "You got us lost again dumb ass," Jean roared above the pouring rain.
     "Like you could do any better!" Connie yelled back.
     "How about we head over to Mikasa's house? Her parents are gone for the week on a business trip," Jean proposed to them.
     "Sure," Connie agreed.
     The two stumbled through the rain until they saw the massive mansion that was Mikasa's house. Her adoptive parents were very wealthy business agents. While Mikasa was lucky, all of her friends knew she would trade it all for her real parents in a heart beat.
     Jean and Connie jogged up the sidewalk and to her doorstep, getting under the awning for protection from the rain. They hit the door bell, hoping it was audible over the pouring rain. They stood there for a few minutes and right when Jean was about to use the door knocker it flew open. Revealing the beautiful girl that lived there.
     "Hey guys!" She greeted, stepping aside to let them in. She quickly closed the door behind her.
     "Sorry for the intrusion but we took a wrong turn and wanted to stay here fo a while," Jean explained. "At least until the rain slows down,"
     "Fine by me," Mikasa said carelessly. She walked up the staircase and was gone.
     "Huh," Connie said dumbly.
     "Yeah but she'll talk to Eren," Jean grumbled. He sat at the island in their kitchen.
-----
      "FUCK!" Krista heard Eren roar over the poaring rain.
      It was broken down again, and he had been under the hood for half an hour. She was slightly scared, he usually wasn't this mad. And he didn't curse too much. But then again this was his third brake down in a week, and it was Tuesday. She didn't  under stand any of it. She didn't even know how to drive a standard.
     Suddenly the hood slammed shut. He got in the cab and slammed the door closed. He pushed in on the clutch and started to turn the key. He stopped first. He closed his eyes and looked up.
      "Please start you worthless piece of shit," he whispered. Then he turned it over... it started.
      "Thank goodness!" He shouted.
      The two were at her house pretty soon. Now he was staying with Krista. He slept on the couch and listened to her dad's slurred talking while listening to the radio. Eren pulled under the carport next to an old broken down car. She hopped out and grabbed her bag.
      The blonde turned and looked at him expectantly to follow her. He hopped out, opened the tool box in the back and pulled out a socket set. Then he slammed the tool box closed.
     "Go ahead, I'm gonna see what's making it bog so damn bad," Eren waved her off.
     She jogged to the house. When the teen opened the door she was greeted by her drunk dad who was blasting the radio and slurring the words to the wrong song. She rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen. Suddenly the radio was off.
     "You know Krista that boy out there is alright," Her dad slurred as he stumbled up to her.
     ''I know dad,'' she muttered.
     "If you're gonna marry anyone it's gonna be-" he let out a large burp before continuing. The smell was horrible.
     "Him," he wiped his mouth. "Where's your mom?" Her dad asked.
     "Probably at the liquor store,"
     "Okay thanks honey," he walked back and felll forward onto the recliner, it looked very uncomfortable.
     The rest of the evening was spent with her laying around. Eren was under the hood trying to fix his truck or something. She wasn't sure. He was the mechanic. And him knowing a lot helped. He was going to fix her mom's old car for Krista.
     She was quite excited. Every time she looked out the window she saw Eren's but popping out of the hood. She giggled. It was pretty cute seeing him mad honestly. He was probably still soaked.
    After a while he walked in and took a shower. After her dad finally went to bed and passed out from too much to drink the two watched a movie. Her mom showed up and went to bed in the middle as well. She had went to liquor wtore while drunk and turned down.Then they went to bed as well. Eren on the couch and Krista in her bed.