Words I wish I had said (Austin)

Friday,  August 11 2017

" - I'm sorry I was so selfish

" - I'm sorry I was so selfish. I'm sorry I couldn't wait for you."

I sealed up the letter.

I've rewritten it almost twenty times now. I was trying to find the right words to say. My words do not express my thoughts very well. They always become a little different immediately after they are expressed, a little distorted, a little foolish but these words had to be said; well, written.  

I labeled the back of the envelope "Words I wish I had said." I stood up from my dining room table, leaving the envelope and walk into my bedroom to get changed out of my pajamas.

I walk over to my bed and grabbed my phone. I began to look for a familiar contact, Mama Tina.

I click the contact, open our text messages and start a new one.

"Hello, Mrs.Porter. It's Y/N,  Are you free to grab lunch today?" I hit send.

I walk over to my closet and I grab a tight, strapless black shirt and dark blue jeans and slipped the simple outfit on.

About 5 minutes later I feel a vibration coming from my phone, I bring the phone up to my face and read the text.

"Hey, Y/N! It's great to hear from you! I'm only free for the next hour. We can grab breakfast instead. Does that work for you?" Mama Tina

"Yes. Do you want to meet a Corkies?" I hit send.

"Corkies is fine." she replied almost instantly.

I slip my Vans Suede Skate Shoes on, grab the envelope, grab my keys and walk out the door.

Walking to my car I can't keep my eyes off the envelope. This is actually happening.

I unlock my car and get inside. Stick my key in the ignition and drive away.

Maybe I shouldn't give her the envelope. He's so busy now, he probably won't even have time to read it. Who am I kidding? He won't read it because he doesn't care.

I stop at a red light.

Or maybe he does and he needs this letter just as much as I need to give it to him. Maybe he will read it and finally feel some sort of closure. Maybe he'll forgive me.

I'm shot out of thought by a car behind me honking.

"Sorry!" I yelled out the window as the car drove past me.

I shake my head and turn on the radio. Music should be good for me right now and take my mind off of the letter.

"Hey, listeners! It is 9:30 in the morning and you are listening to Franzia Crisp" The radio host says, "We are about to play the number one requested song! Enjoy!"