Confiding With Confidence

"Alright, before I start you need to promise on your mother's head that you will never, ever, share this information with anyone else." John insisted, deciding that was a reasonable enough promise.
"No, of course I swear." Greg agreed, nodding in excitement. He didn't seem too worried about the terms and conditions that went along with swearing silence for his mother's life, but whatever, those were just details and not even the details that mattered in this nighttime excursion.
"Alright, alright..." John agreed, scanning the semidarkness once more to make sure they weren't being overheard. This was very nerve-wracking, somehow he was sure Greg would turn this all on him and make it out like John was the one with the embarrassing secret. Then again, his embarrassing secret might just be growing.
"Well, Sherlock called me down to the stables..."
"I know that, what did he say?" Greg asked excitedly, his feet kicking the banister in anticipation, leaning forward with a look of pure curiosity.
"He said something along the lines of how he's never loved a women before and that he's never even considered love and all of this stuff about his childhood and expectations and all of that, truthfully I was getting bored until I realized what he meant." John admitted. Greg's eyes widened in horror, gasping in shock even though there was a smile on his face.
"OH MY GOD!" he exclaimed, covering his mouth immediately as his voice bounced off the empty stone walls. John winced at his loudness, not wanting Greg to wake up the whole castle.
"Will you shut up, come on Greg!" John insisted, trying to shush Greg's mouth manually by slapping him lightly in the face.
"Yes, yes, sorry." Greg agreed. John sighed heavily, glaring at Greg for him to say something other than just exclamations of surprise. Greg blinked, processing all this information in his very small brain.
"So basically he's in love with you? Like, he actually, he wants to kiss you and be close to you and marry you? Oh my god but like, you're both men, how does that even work?" Greg wondered fearfully.
"Shut up Greg, that's not the end of all of this. I was all surprised and stuff, but I didn't know what to do, so I asked him what he wanted me to do and I did it." John admitted, knowing just how stupid that sounded. Greg's face went a bit white, but the smile remained on his face.
"Oh my dear lord what did you do with him? Don't tell me you actually..." Greg muttered, his jaw dropping in surprise. John just shushed him with a look of disgust, shaking his head in horror.
"God no, nothing like that, come on Greg!" John insisted angrily, feeling his face heat up in embarrassment. He knew that this was a mistake, telling Greg.
"Don't be so afraid John; hugging is a natural and healthy part of every relationship." Greg insisted with a smug smile.
"Greg would you be quiet? You are not talking about hugging." John growled.
"No of course I'm not, but I'll listen to your stories about either or and everything in between." Greg offered, leaning forward and resting his chin on his hands as if he was certain he was in for a very nice story about John and Sherlock making out in the barn.
"Alright, no, nothing like that even happened alright? We got really close and he was crying and I was terrified but I didn't know what to do so I did what I thought was right you know, I didn't run away or anything I just stood there and tried to process. It's not like I wanted to kiss him but then again, it's not that I didn't want to...." John groaned, rubbing his face with his hands as if that would clear his anxious mind.
"So you're on board with this homosexual stuff? You love him as well? What a plot twist!" Greg said with a large smile, clapping his hands like an excited seal.
"Once more I must remind you of your volume." John snapped, and Greg quieted once more, although they both knew it wasn't going to last. "I don't know what I feel about it, but I'm not done with the story!"
"Sorry go on yes, I'm being terribly rude." Greg agreed, not looking very bothered by his own idiocy.
"Alright so we're seriously close right, I can feel his breath that's how close we were. And he's got his hand hovering right next to the side of my face but he didn't dare touch me, as if he were too scared to actually make any kind of move. And then he leaned in, he got so close to kissing me that it honestly would've been too easy to just lean in myself and get it over with, but I didn't, and for some reason he didn't as well. It was like he woke from some sort of trance, and he started going on about how I was just following his orders and I wasn't in love with him and how he was being so stupid, and then he ran away." John admitted. There was a silence and Greg looked at him in confusion, obviously he was trying to process all of this the best he could.
"That's ridiculous." He decided, seemingly the only thing he could think to say after such a story.
"Ya, I know, I know, but maybe, I mean...maybe it's not?" John muttered guiltily, suddenly finding it necessary to stare at the ground himself as to avoid Greg's judgmental eyes.
"You're considering this aren't you?" Greg wondered, and for once he didn't' sound as if he were making it into some sort of joke.
"What should I do? That's why I asked you I'm completely helpless; I didn't even know this was an option until tonight!" John admitted, waving his arms around hopelessly as if he could somehow catch the answer out of thin air.
"Well it's up to you mate, I mean, do you love him back?" Greg wondered, titling his head as he tried to process all that was going on at the moment. It couldn't be an easy pill to swallow, figuring out that your servant friend might become that king's lover.
"I don't know, I don't know I'm not supposed to think about these things!" John insisted. "None of this should be happening it all just feels so wrong."
"It's not wrong John, I mean ya, it's illegal, but what's that matter it's the king?" Greg pointed out. "It's all up to you I guess."
"Why are you suddenly going all support group on me?" John wondered suspiciously, staring at Greg with squinted eyes.
"The more interesting your love life gets the more interesting our conversations get. And besides, I want you to do what you want to do; I don't want you to hold back from true love just because of society's expectations." Greg insisted.
"That may have been the nicest thing you have ever said to me." John decided, becoming more and more suspicious. Obviously there were some underlying factors Greg was hoping to take advantage of, but honestly John couldn't think of them.
"Why don't you just think about it for a day or so? Maybe interact with him a little bit." Greg suggested.
"That will never work; he'll be terrified of me for sure. He probably thinks I'm disgusted by him." John decided, trying to wonder just what Sherlock was thinking at this very moment. Something depressing probably.
"Well, are you?" Greg wondered. John pulled an obvious face, trying to tell Greg nonverbally just how ridiculous he was sounding.
"No, of course I'm not disgusted! I don't know what I'm feeling Greg, partially curious to be honest." John admitted rather shyly.
"I think you should just do it. I mean, I don't want to know what happens when you break up with a king, but it'll all be worth it if you end up sharing that throne with the love of your life." Greg insisted.
"I literally don't know who you are right now." John decided suspiciously.
"I'm just excited." Greg admitted with a smile. "It's not every day you get a firsthand look at Sherlock Holmes's love life."