Chapter 16

I tapped on the stirring wheel as I waited on the streetlight to change. When Dom and I finally got out of bed I took her home to change and when we got there the boyfriend was home. He of course was particularly happy when he saw me especially when Dom told him I am Manuel's father.

She spoke to him in a sweet voice while she broke it off with him. He got pissed and started saying things like I'm not good for her, I'm just using her, and then he started cursing me in Spanish. My Spanish is a bit rusty so I may mixed up a few things. She calmed him down then he left. It was like watching a soap opera.

I looked at her. She was frowning at her phone." What's wrong?"

"One of my clients just dropped me." She replied.

"Is that a bad thing?" The pissed off look she give me said it all." Who was it?" She strolled up and her hunched over.

"Your wife." She said, looking at me." You told her already?" I nodded.

"I called her while you were changing." I replied. She shook her head." What?"

"That must hurt. Paxton face to face is better than over the phone--"

"She confessed she has been seeing her agent for a good while so it doesn't matter anyway. If anything I'm the victim here."

"That must hurt." She said.

"Not really."

"Are you sure?" She questioned.

"Yes."

"Are you sure that you're sure?"

I frowned." Yes."

"Are you that you're sure that you're sure?" I looked at her before I started driving again. My lip started trembling. And I started to make crying noises.

"It-it hurt soo soo bad. I put my all and.....I don't care." I said.

She chuckled." Whatever you say."