6.

After an hour's wait in the rusty old sailing boat, the group sitting in the room had drowned themselves to boredom. Olivia had fallen asleep next to Harry with her head resting on his shoulder, her arms wrapped around the arm closest to her while she dreamed far away. Harry sat still with his eyes sweeping over to soldiers, landing on Tommy's friend who hadn't said a word since they'd met. He was definitely suspicious, and was determined to find out why he hadn't spoken once.

A loud gunshot snapped all the boys out of their daze, making them sit up and look to where the sound came from. Harry moved his shoulder lightly, waking Olivia up to see a hole was in the side of the boat. The metal of the ship now let in more light to the dark room, and the bullet hole was right next to one of the boy's head. Could it be that the German troops were already here?

Another shot went off, causing everyone to jump at the sound of a hole being made in the metal. The soldiers looked at each other, ready to creep closer in order to maybe inspect the hole but jumped back once a third hole was made. Harry unconsciously wrapped his arm around Olivia's waist, keeping her close to his side at the furthest end of the room from the bullet holes.

"Do the Germans know we're here?", whispered a boy who looked at the others with fear. A thought popped into Tommy's head, as he saw that the three bullet holes were all extremely close together in the side of the ship.

"No, look where they're shooting", he piped up, pointing to the triangle that the bullets now made. "Target practice".

A small relief flushed over the room, seeing as it was only the British and maybe the French troops using the boat as target practice, but the anxiety built up again when another shot sounded and made another hole in the metal. Olivia flinched at the sound and clutched Harry's shirt in her fist. If they continued to shoot at the boat, one of them is bound to get wounded. 

"Someone needs to get off, to let them know we're here", Harry stated, making the boys look at him.

"Are you crazy?! They'll shoot at us as soon as they see us! British or not", a boy cried to him. Another shot rang out, making the boys jump again. This urged the need to let their presence be known.

"Someone has to, or we'll all be shot", Harry glared, frustration growing once again. He got to his feet, the rest following after him and holding their riffles close to them. They couldn't afford to fire back, otherwise they'll definitely be suspected Germans hiding away. Someone had to take one for the team and most likely get shot from being seen walking out in the open.

"We need a volunteer", another soldier stated. Harry knew exactly who, and turned his head towards Tommy's friend who still stayed silent.

"Him", he pointed, making everyone look at the boy. "Anyone noticed that he hasn't said a word since we met him?".

No one said anything, knowing it was true. Olivia watched the anger that flamed in Harry's eyes, his brown hair ruffled on his head from all the sea water and wind from outside. He looked close to insane. This war was pushing him over the edge, but at the moment, he was speaking the truth. The boy was strangely quiet the whole time, and Olivia too couldn't help but feel curious.

"You wanna know why? 'Cos he's a fuckin' German spy!", Harry claimed, making the other soldiers' eyes widen in shock. Olivia's mouth dropped to the floor, his claim seeming barbaric but strangely possible.

"How did he get that uniform?", Harry grabbed a hold of the boy's shirt and yanked him forward, grabbing a hold of the identification tag around his neck and reading it quickly. "Gibson?".

"Probably killed a soldier and took his uniform", another boy interjected, believing the suggestion all too much. Harry grabbed a riffle from the floor that belonged to one of the soldiers and started to aim the barrel at the boy who now looked terrified, but still said nothing.

"I-I found him burying a body and I helped him", Tommy admitted in a near broken voice. "I thought it was his friend".

"He's a spy! That's why he hasn't said anything! He probably can't understand us right now!", Harry cried as he now was aiming the gun right at the boy's face, making Olivia finally jump forward.

"Harry calm down!", she pleaded and stepped in front of the terrified boy, the gun now aimed at her own forehead. "You don't know that! He could be a mute or something! You can't just assume something and have him shot at for it!".

"Better him than me", he replied in a sinister voice, causing Olivia to look at the boy she was growing very fond of with shock. This wasn't the Harry she had just met. He had grown so angry at the world and frustrated, that he seems like he'll turn on anyone. "Now get out of the way".

"What about her huh?", a soldier daringly piped up. "She's done close to nothing for us, why don't we send her up?".

If there was something that could of made Harry angrier, it was that unnecessary comment. Harry's eyes went near black from what Olivia could see, and he slowly turned around to face the boy who had decided to open his mouth. The riffle was now aimed at this soldier instead, now regretting his words all too quickly.

"You wanna know what she's done for us mate?", Harry took the safety off the gun with his thumb, one step closer to pulling the trigger. His jaw clenched and his hands shook from rage. "She'll be pulling the bullet out of your head to reuse once I plant it deep in your skull".

Once the boy had learnt to shut up, Harry turned back around to the soldier who was still standing behind Olivia. He was still ready to shoot him if he didn't speak up and explain that he was British, and not a German spy. Tommy and Olivia saw how serious Harry was, and turned to the boy.

"Come on, prove him wrong", Tommy urged, a pleading look on his face. Olivia nodded along. "Harry is serious about this, please just say something".

"Yeah go on, prove me wrong", Harry smirked evilly, knowing full well he won't answer.

Everyone waited.