#1

"Alright, baby," Derek called out to me from the front door. "I'm heading out. Are you gonna be okay by yourself today?"

Chewing on the few white chocolate pretzels that I had popped into my mouth, I made my way over to my husband. Mouth still full, I replied, "I'm pregnant, babe. Not dying. I think I'll be fine."

"You're sure?"

"Yeeeeessssss. Now go before you're late again and tell Bindi I said hi."

And with that, I all but pushed him out the door.

Under normal circumstances, I would've been up, showered, dressed, and heading out for rehearsal with him on this Tuesday morning. But after last night's absolutely heartbreaking elimination of Alexa and Mark from the competition, Carlos felt the need to travel with them to New York City for their appearances on Good Morning America and The View. And I totally understood that. I didn't have any problem with it whatsoever. But there was no real point in me going with them as well, so I just stayed put in LA. How much harm could one missed day of rehearsal do?

The only issue I had was finding something to do with myself until Derek came home. Our daughter, Sophia, was still sleeping soundly in her room and wouldn't be awake for a few more hours at least, so I wouldn't be getting any entertainment from her for a while.

*~*

Two hours later found me snuggled up on our living room couch under two blankets. An old episode of Family Guy was being used as background noise for my scrolling through my Twitter feed. As usual, I liked and replied to the occasional post. I stopped, though, when I saw a new tweet from Allison. It threw me for a loop because I honestly didn't expect her to be awake this early without having anywhere to be. Especially with the way she loves to sleep in. But there she was in her gorgeous floral jumper- feet extended across their sofa with one of her puppies with its head on her baby bump and the other simply sitting on the floor next to them. The caption read: Hubby's gone early. Bored outta my head. Home alone relaxing with my puppies.

I replied. You too? Are they so sick of us that they planned some sort of secret husband getaway? Lol!!

It didn't take her very long to answer back. Nah.. I don't think that's it. Just the price we pay for marrying such successful men. ;) Call me, though.

To be funny, before I called her, I posted another quick tweet. Uh-oh.. Methinks I'm in trouble..

Allison picked up on the very first ring. "You're such an idiot!"

"But you loooooooove me," I laughed, reaching for the remote control and putting the television on mute.

"Unfortunately, I do. But the reason I had your silly behind call was so I could tell you that I had an idea."

"And that would be?"

"Well, we're both bored, right? Why don't we just be bored together?"

I ran a hand through my already messy hair. "I'm not sure I'm following you.."