8

We stopped to survey the land leading to the HQ. Saturated with titans. "There's no way we can get to headquarters without dying," Jean stated.

On the ground below us, a boy was stranded, surrounded by titans, and out of gas. Two titans closed in on him, so one of his friends zipped through the air next to Jean and I declaring, "Tom, I'll save you!"

All we could do was watch in horror. The two boys were picked on by the two titans instantly. Blood dripped down both titans' arms as their bodies disappeared.

Jean immediately went into a cold, chilling sweat, unable to look away from the carnage. I, however, was used to seeing this scene play over and over and over in my nightmares.

More of our comrades screamed as they were grabbed by titans, and I couldn't do anything about it. Both of my tanks were running dangerously low, so I was forced to sit back and watch my friends be murdered.

"Let's go!" Jean commanded, "Make a break for HQ while they're distracted." He jumped off the roof we were currently on, and started running along another one, away from the titans.

I followed him, trusting Jean's instinct. "Give it everything you've got left!" I yelled, letting Jean take the lead. A group of three titans was in our way, so I alerted Jean, "Just go past them!"

All of us flew right by us, but then a surprising fourth titan appeared, grabbing Jean's leg. Fueled by anger and fear for his life, I spun towards the titan's weak-sport, slicing deep into its neck. The titan instantly let go of Jean's leg, and fell to the ground, allowing us to fly past it.

"Sana!" Marco caught up with Jean and I. He told me, happily, "You really saved our asses back there, giving away your gas. Both of you saved us big time! We're alive because of you two. You make great leaders."

Jean smirked, "We're not out of this yet."

Coming up was a hoard of over nine meter titans; I placed myself in front of Jean, so he could have a clear path to maneuver with. Somebody was grabbed in the back, but I didn't let it falter my focus.

I launched my hooks directly into the HQ wall, and covered my face with my arms to avoid glass cutting me; I exploded through the window. Abruptly, I fell to the wooden floor, rolling all the way back to the wall, cutting my legs in the shards of glass.

My team flew in behind me, breathing heavily. I rested my head on the floor, for a moment of peace. Jean collapsed onto his knees.

Panicked whimpering came from my right, and when I checked to see what it was, I saw two crying cadets hiding under a table, one covered in blood.

I sat up, my mouth hung open. "You're the supply team," I stated, still in shock, but angrier. "My friends died because of you. My friends died because you didn't do your damn jobs!"

Jean pulled the dark-haired boy out from under the desk, and delivered a punch to his face. "YOU COWARDS!" Jean yelled. "YOU LEFT US OUT THERE TO DIE!"

The girl covered in blood ran to the aid of the boy, and explained hysterically, "The titans were coming to get us from every angle. They over ran the supply room, okay?"

I grabbed the girl by the collar of her jacket, and screamed in her face, "Boo-hoo! I watched my friends get eaten alive because you hid up here! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU DID?"

Suddenly, the wall to the left was gone. A peered its hungry face in, smirking at us.

I released the crying girl. "Son of a bitch, there's too many people!" Jean yelled, "They can smell us!" Every hidden person in the room sprinted out of the double doors in a chaotic state, screaming.