Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After cleaning the Bentley, Rhea was back at her regular routine. She cleaned the house especially Miguel’s bedroom and bathroom where she used more of her energy and time as she was sure that he would find something to rant about regardless how much effort she put into making it spotless. 

As she was dusting off his shelf, he saw a photo book and decided to check it out. She saw him as a kid smiling and playing in the photos. He seemed careless and free and guessed that the photos were taken in their home in Colombia. She was amazed to see how happy he looked with his sister and his parents. She looked deeper in the photo and saw how much he resembled his father.  Just as she stopped to admire the handsome faces of the two men, the phone in Miguel’s desk rang and startled her a bit.

After a few seconds, she was up from the bed were she sat and answered the call.

“JM?” She heard the voice from the receiver.

“I’m sorry?” She asked. She didn’t know any JM in the house.

“Oh, Is JM there?” The girl from the other end of the line queried.

“I’m sorry, but there is no one named JM living in the house.”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I meant Miguel.” The girl explained.

“Sorry but he’s not here. May I know who’s calling?”

“Prescilla.”

“Prescilla, his sister?” Rhea asked. She knew her. She was the one who spoke to her regarding the money she was going to pay Miguel for their deal.

“Yes. How do you know? Who’s this?” His sister was alarmed. Miguel is a very private person. His sister knew he wouldn’t even mention his family to friends much more to a random fling.

“I’m.. I’m Rhea..” She was hesitant to introduce herself.

“Rhea? As in, Rhea?” Her voice was showing that she was startled.

Rhea did not speak as she didn’t know how to respond.

“Rhea Bernardo?” She asked again as if not believing.

“Yes.” She answered meekly.

“What are you doing at my brother’s house?” Her voice didn’t tell that she was mad, instead it demonstrated shock and worry at the same time.

“It’s… I…” Her voice trailed as she didn’t know how to start explaining.

“Oh God! What has he been doing?” Rhea heard her once again.

“Uhm..”

“Anyway Rhea, I called because I want to tell my brother that I am coming to the Philippines in a few days. Please tell him we need to be fetched at the airport in 3 days. Do you have a pen and a paper with you?”

“Yes.” She asked with her thoughts going crazy as she picked up a notepad and pen. She didn’t want to meet her in person as she may have the same grudge that Miguel does.

“We will be leaving Medellin at 5:15 in the morning tomorrow. We will be arriving Manila at 12:50 in the morning 3 days from now via Air China.”

“Wow! That’s a long flight.”

“Yes, actually it’s about almost 31 hours flight. We have 3 stops. Panama, New York and Beijing. I don’t have a choice as my mother is in a hurry to get to Miguel and she won’t tell me why.”

“Your mother?” She asked scared. She mentally thought what these 3 monsters will do to her now. Not that she knows the 2 ladies already, but because she is nervous that they might end up being exactly like Miguel. She prayed hard that the flight will be cancelled.